Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Injector Upgrade On Is200

Zebber

Hi all I'm always looking for cheap effective mods to customise my is200 I've heard it all before about superchargers and turbo,s so please don't reply if that's all your going to sey lol but would the injectors from an is300 (supra) fit an is200 and if so would they have a higher fuel flow then my standard one hence more fuel more power??? Also would I gain from upgrading the inlet manifold to a alloy one ? I understand we are talking small gains ppl but small gains add up please feel free to advise

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

not sure if the supra injectors will fit an IS200 engine but you will also need more air coming into the engine in order for it to work other wise you will damage your engine due to having too much fuel dumped into the cylinder without having enough air towork with aid in bigger explosion and there is so much air your Normally aspirated piston can suck into the engine due to cylinder volume limitation if :-

• it cannot rev higher higher like 7000 - 9000 rpm like performance Altezza/Honda Vtec's . the higher an engine revs the quicker air/ fuel can be combusted, the more power it can make without a turbo/supercharger to aid it.
  • air cannot be forced in (Turbo/Supercharger) . force twice as much air in with bigger injectors and you will make more power for a given cylinder volume.

For it to work correctly I figure I would need to tinker around with the ecu ie remap if were possible otherwise may have to get a map capable ecu for it all to work. My theory was that by increasing fuel supply the car would adjust itself and only add the more volume when in the higher rev range as the ecu monitors fuel supply

yes you right but thin is you cannot map the standard ecu and there is so much air the NA engine can inhale at 5000 - 6500rpm which is the max rpm of this engine so in order to get more power, the rpm will need to be extended technically speaking this will not get more air into the engine as it will still be sucking in 2.0litres of volume into the cylinders what higher rpm will do is cause your engine to work faster. work and engine faster and more power will be generated. simply speaking your IS200 was not designed for this kind of high rpm stress. so your other alternative is to force the air into it...

I get you so hardly any gain without raising the limiter or forcing more air in aswell is what your saying oh well worth the question. I bet anyone with supercharger or turbo would get a big improvement if they were to fit lol

yes definitely... an engine is just an air pump and regardless of engine size, get more air and fuel in it and add a spark and you have more power. no power can be made if more air comes in but less fuel or if more fuel comes in but less air as they work hand in hand to generate the power. alternative way to generate power is to increase displacement (engine size).

A 2.5 litre or 3litre will contain more air and thus more fuel can be dumped in than a 2 litre if all rev to say 6500rpm. a larger cylinder will naturally draw more air because of larger bore size making way for a larger injector to be fitted thus making a larger explosion reultiong in more power if forced induction is not involved.

that's why the IS300 generated around 55bhp more then the 200 though they both have equal number of cylinders. its just the larger bore/strok size of the 300 with other factors like injectors, cams, head, manifold , exhaust etc...

just get a bigger engine if forced induction is out of the question. works out cheaper... and a super charged IS200 makes about 210-220bhp which is the same bhp as an IS300.. ;)

I'd love to drop a is300 engine into it lol but it wouldn't be as simple as getting a engine and putting it in would it not ? I presume I'll need different loom/ecu/engine mounts/subframe etc ?

yeh I am guessing all that needs to be changed. I spoke to Thor racing based in Coventry sometime last year as I was considering dropping the GS430 V8 engine into my IS and they confirmed it would be between £3000 to £6000 depending on if I was supplying engine and parts or if they were doing all and would take about 2 to 3 weeks for conversion to be done.

this engine is known to dyno at 300bhp thats twice the power of the IS200, hits 60 in less than 6 and bags and bags of torque low down the rpm range so might aswell go for that instead if you looking to do a swap and badge it IS430

I also happen to have an engine out of a gs300 which is exactly the same as the is300. If your serious about an engine swap the mounts ect would be free with the engine.

It's something to keep in mind and that would be lovely to have a V8 lol I would do it myself as my m8 is mechanic and would help but just worries me cause it's everything like coolest pipes to gearbox would need changing can't amagin it would be cheap. Where as I spose a lot of parts are interchangeable between is200/300 engine wise. Just for rough figures how much would you want for that complete engine bud ? It's really something I would have to look into quite some detail first.

£300 for engine/mounts/ecu. But your mechanic or whoever would have to remove it from car. The is300/gs300 ehgine swap would be a lot more straight forward than the gs430 v8.

If your not sure about that is/gs300 engine, i may be interested.. but need to know what else i would need to do for the swap? Will the gearbox mount straight to it etc? Also would the tte supercharger fit the is300 engine? Cheers

You carry on morango more power to you as I haven't got money for an engine swap just yet lol. I'm sure you would need the is300 gearbox aswell but should just bolt straight into place on car as built for it and I would of thought you could get a supercharger for an is300 too after all isint the is300 just a bored out is200 ?

Just found this on supra forum...note the part about gearbox..not the car.

It's not as easy as just dropping an engine in. While the engines are a straight fit into the bay, the v160 won't clear the transmission tunnel (so I'm told) and the stock is200 gearbox is very weak.

Potentially a great little sleeper, though I suspect a 1jz+r154 swap would be more cost effective

I seem to keep coming back to 1jz swap but its a little to much work that i want to do. I dont really want to give the car up for the time it will take to do. I will go for a supercharger for a temporary measure i think.

Thanks for the help