Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks

Need some help from owners of the above models. I own an LS430 SEL. I have had a lot of problems with mine...you can read all about it on my post" is LS430 a good value"

There has been a lot of debate which LS MODEL is was the best made ....and most say it's the LS400.

I am now thinking of getting rid of the 😙430 and buying either 400 or 450 and do not want to make the same mistake as with my LS.

so which one would you recommend ? And if any of you have changed from an LS HOW DO YOU COMPARE THE driving experience? Are there any gold members who wish to sell theirs ? Otherwise I will only buy from a Lexus dealer.

Thanks

Shiner

Depends on your budget and what spec you want? spend lots of time on autotrader doing your homework, go look at the Lexus dealers but leave your wallet at home till you make the decision!

• Like 1

Depends on your budget and what spec you want? spend lots of time on autotrader doing your homework, go look at the Lexus dealers but leave your wallet at home till you make the decision!

Owned both, 450h is a winner. Refinement is better and it just feels better screwed together and has a more muscular feel to it when driving. Slightly reminds me of the wide, butch, American get out of my way kind of feel.

I'm chuffed with my 400 after a week, awesome build quality. If budget allows then I'm sure the 450 is a lot better, but if it's the difference between finance and no finance (as with me), then the 400 ticks all the boxes :)

I'll second Gregsters comments - mine is a 2006 and its the most refined comfortable car I've ever owned, lovely car to drive and looks like it cost twice what I paid for it now I have my private reg plate on it..

Thanks all

I think I will test drive both but probably go for the 2009 400 and if I can find one then it'll probably the last model Toyota built before they brought out LS450h

Shiner

Good idea: try and find an Executive Limited Edition, which is the last model produced before the 450h went on sale. It has all the toys with the exception of the rear seat entertainment package (rear screens and DVDs).

The only options were metallic paint and wood pack. The Executive Limited Edition was exactly the same as the SE except for the rear spoiler that was coloured to the body colour.

The Executive Limited Edition has additional extras...

Mine came with:

Chrome door handles

Illuminated door sills (the word "Lexus" is lit up blue when the lights are on)

Mark Levinson sound system

Perforated leather (not sure whether this is standard on all models)

"Executive Limited Edition" badge under the 400h badge on the tailgate

The rear spoiler is black. I think it is the SR that came with a body coloured spoiler.

The Executive Limited Edition has additional extras... Mine came with: Chrome door handles Illuminated door sills (the word "Lexus" is lit up blue when the lights are on) Mark Levinson sound system Perforated leather (not sure whether this is standard on all models) "Executive Limited Edition" badge under the 400h badge on the tailgate The rear spoiler is black. I think it is the SR that came with a body coloured spoiler.

Except for the "Executive Limited Edition" badge. The SE also came with all of the above as standard from 2008.

If this is the case, then I don't know what the difference is between late SEs and the Exec Ltd Edition, but the spoiler is definitely not body coloured.

No difference at all. The rear spoiler was body coloured or black as a no cost option. Any one interested just google 400h executive limited edition, first on the list is the original Lexus PDF document

always really fancied a 400h until i drove one. I felt that the roll on corners was too much for my liking. Was loaned a 450H when i had my old IS 220d serviced, decided I had to get a 450 there and then (expensive service eh :-) ). For me it was a no brainer, the 450 felt more comfortable, handled better, felt safer. So now i have one :D

Thanks Ian

I am still to test drive them. I had narrowed one but when I rang the dealer they advised me that the car had been sold.

also I think all of the 400s come with 18inch rims bit the 450s come with 19inch ones...apparently this improves the ride quality considerable!..I have no personal experience of this but just what I have read.

Hope you enjoy your 450 for many years.

Thanks Ian

I am still to test drive them. I had narrowed one but when I rang the dealer they advised me that the car had been sold.

also I think all of the 400s come with 18inch rims bit the 450s come with 19inch ones...apparently this improves the ride quality considerable!..I have no personal experience of this but just what I have read.

Hope you enjoy your 450 for many years.

The 450h SE models come with 18 inch wheels if you want them. Just ask the dealer to swap them out before buying and im sure theyll be happy if it involves a sale.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links