Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cry... :( Bloody Auto Window Unlock From Fob... Gs450H 06 Plate

Well i was utterly gutted this morning to go out to my car to find that the windows were all open and it had been raining. My car has only 46K on it and the passenger and rear seats were pristine! Luckily it doesn't appear to have created any puddles or anything and the mats were damp (One wet) when i removed them but only one of the rear foot wells were a little bit wet. So i wiped it all down but where the rain was it had made the black leather go blue :o So i drove it to work with the blowers on full and the temp on the heater up and it seems to be drying out. Utterly gutted as I like to take care of my cars... I am hoping that it hasnt sunk into the foam or anything else.

Is there a way to disable this "Feature" as this is the second time its happened to me but luckily enough the first time was just when i got the car and it was a nice sunny day. Yeah its a funky feature but i would rather not have the chance of this happening again than having the facility that i use probably once a year when walking to my car on a hot day..

:msn-cry:

Well after nipping out to check it at lunch it appears that the drivers side rear seat base is pretty wet to the foam.. :( I will remove when i get home. Would i be right in saying that i need to pull it up hard from the front of the seat about 8-12" in on either side?

Sorry to hear of this problem, I cannot advise on the drying out of the car but the link below may help in checking if the window roll down is active, it is unfortunately a dealer only option (section 29) but if you have regular contact with your delaer they may reprogramme FOC.

You could check to see if it is activated by holding the button down for 3 seconds as described.

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/GS450h_LPS.pdf

Cheers all.. Removed the back seat and it was a good job that I did as the foam was a bit sodden but put it on a towel in the kitchen about 3 foot away from the rad with the leather facing away. That seems to have sorted the back seat. The front seat was ok to the touch but if I felt underneath it was a bit damp so I got one of these http://www.wilko.com/insulation/kilrock-gel-safe-moisture-trap/invt/0286004?VBMST=moisture trap and stuck it under the seats and a couple of the refills and left them on the plastic under the seat. I will refit the seat tomorrow if it stops raining and put the refills in the rear foot wells.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links