Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Major Repair

Well my 05 reg 200 is at that age where she needs a little attention.. I have noticed that the aircon compressor was getting a little noisy over the last couple of years and on a trip down south a couple of weeks ago was annoyingly loud so it was time to have a look and sort it out..... The rattling was coming from the guts of the compressor so I ordered a new one along with a new condenser (Although it was still leak free, has lost a fair few finns and the others were well corroded)

Stripped off the old condenser and compressor and flushed out the pipework to remove the old lubricant and any bits of the old compressor... The lube was still clear but had a reasonable quantity of aluminium shavings in it.... Fitted the new compressor and condenser, applied a good long vacuum to remove any traces of air, refilled with nice clean PAG lubricant and refrigerant and tested....Peace and quiet from the engine bay returns..

Whilst The vacuum pump was doing its stuff, I turned my attention to the radiator, that was starting to look a little tatty too (Corroded finns) and there was a suspicious damp patch in the lower area so a swift trip to my local ECP saw me kitted out with a new radiator, refilled the system, bled it through fitted 3 new drive belts and she is good for another 9 years... Just whe I had run out of stuff to do, I decided that I may as well chang the engine oil and filter, gearbox and axle oil.... And then had a nice cup of tea

Happy days... :)

• 2 weeks later...

good to you...and I seen on my air con. system,after I went on 7000 km.trip,like with air con.on auto stiil was worm inside plus a bad burned smel inside....no idea what could be,possible room sensor...so I will make her a full service on lexus....with air con. on ,manual,freeze my legs,whatever they would finded the problem....

Indeed I do though it does need the front bumper and bonnet blowing in because of stone chips... Then I'll give it a good scrubbing underneath and waxoyling.. For every day use I tend to use the old jeep or the van the car only really gets used for longer distances and round Europe as it is perfect for the two of us. I had the wheels powder coated last year as they were starting to look a bit scruffy...