Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have probly tried most fo these and to be fair, not felt any major bonus. if a car has been serviced well then its not going to have the build up of carbon and gum on the injectors that they claim to remove. ALso unless you can squirt it in at the inlet then I doubt how efective it will be in a tank full of gas...

NEver stopped me trying it though... :yawn:

ps. Welcome to the club. Don't think I have seen you post before, Hope the LS works well for you! Got any piccies??

:zee:

I have heard that some injector cleaners contain an octane booster so you notice a difference in performance and think that it must have done a good job in cleaning the injectors!

Loz, have you tried Redline fuel system cleaner?

http://www.redlineoil.com/frames/fueladd.htm

http://www.redlineoil.com/redlineoil/si1ti.htm

I used to use 'Nitrox Hot Shot' occasionally. About 7quid a pot.

The really bright orange pot ... >50% methanol if memory serves.

Used as a periodic fuel system clean but gave car a bit of a pep while it lasted.

Not used it in the IS though - Hmm, praps i should ..

:shifty:

used this one also along with STP, Redex, Wynnes. just off the shelf stuff...

Not tried that Redline Cocktail Colin. Any good?

THe Nitrox is a great way to smooth the emmissions reading if you have "concerns" about it.

When I had carburettor cars, I would pour a bit of redex through and get that big cloud of white smoke as it cleared off the gunge. never had that with EFI cars...

Be extremely careful and administer only the dose advised on the bottle. I had a Rover 400 and was confused over metric measures > I put too much into the petrol and it helped to dissolve my cat. Luckily Rover also discovered a fault in the rotar arm of the 400 model and as a result I got a new cat at half price. I am however convinced that my over use of the petrol additive cleaner was the main reason why I suddenly came to a grinding halt.

NPH

I think you've said it yourself.

Car engines were designed to do long journeys. Short journeys are the cause of all the deposit in the cylinders and injectors. If you burn off a whole tank once a week on a single journey you won't need any injector cleaner.

Most are a rip-off anyway. If they weren't, the petrol companies would put it in the petrol by securing exclusive rights to add it to their petrol.

Slick-50 the engine oil additive for example has been fined because of the false claims they made. Again the engine oil manufacturers would put it in if it was any good.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links