Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 Days Into New Ownership

ferritt

So I picked my ct200h advance up saturday morning. Took it for a good run on the sunday to the coast. averaging 55.8mpg at the moment which I'm more than happy with.

Its a great car and perfect for me, but................

The road noise is alittle louder than i would have thought. No big deal just assumed it would be quieter. Also may seem a stupid question but does the car measure the outside temp? Cant find it anywhere????? Cant be bothered to search through the huge manual to see.

Other than that its a great car and a perfect upgrade from my fiat 500 twinair+

cheers

Hi Tim,

page 219 in the manual, item 7, for the outside temperature.

Good mpg for a new car, but what was your average speed? I am getting 4.7 l/100km (60mpg) ave. out of mine after 18 months, check me out on 'Fuelly', you'll get used to the road noise as time goes on and the tyres get less noisy as they wear in. Nice colour car, look after it well, remember, it's not a Fiat .

good luck.

Michael.

So I picked my ct200h advance up saturday morning. Took it for a good run on the sunday to the coast. averaging 55.8mpg at the moment which I'm more than happy with.

Its a great car and perfect for me, but................

The road noise is alittle louder than i would have thought. No big deal just assumed it would be quieter. Also may seem a stupid question but does the car measure the outside temp? Cant find it anywhere????? Cant be bothered to search through the huge manual to see.

Other than that its a great car and a perfect upgrade from my fiat 500 twinair+

cheers

Congrats, I had one as a loaner and it was loud inside. The CT200h seems to be running on rather large tyres for the amount of power it puts out. Changing out the tyres for quieter ones seems a good option.

Outside temp display is within small LCD window in instrument cluster on my 2011 model. It is very small and would have been better placed within A/C unit display.

This last batch (including mine) seems to be fitted with Bridgestone tyres, why they fit what must be the noisiest tyre in existence is beyond me. They are just not suited to British road surface's. My last IS came fitted with them as well, when reshod was needed fitted them with Yoko's, what a difference. Will just have to grin & bear it till the mileage has clocked enough to warrant a change. While on this thread has anyone out there had any dealings with Continental ContiSilent tyres. They have bonded a internal foam layer into the tyre which they claim reduces noise by 50%.

This last batch (including mine) seems to be fitted with Bridgestone tyres, why they fit what must be the noisiest tyre in existence is beyond me. They are just not suited to British road surface's. My last IS came fitted with them as well, when reshod was needed fitted them with Yoko's, what a difference. Will just have to grin & bear it till the mileage has clocked enough to warrant a change. While on this thread has anyone out there had any dealings with Continental ContiSilent tyres. They have bonded a internal foam layer into the tyre which they claim reduces noise by 50%.

The loaner I had was an Advance with the yokohama tyres on it and I thought that was loud. I think it must be the car to be honest. Its just noisy. Next service im asking for an IS or GS

Mines not loud it's just louder than expected that's all. Coming from a a little 800cc turbo twin air engine I was expecting pure silence I think.....

As for the temp gauge. I've found it. Right in front of me haha. Just dropped below 55mpg with an average speed of 27mph.

Extremely happy so far!

Mines not loud it's just louder than expected that's all. Coming from a a little 800cc turbo twin air engine I was expecting pure silence I think.....

As for the temp gauge. I've found it. Right in front of me haha. Just dropped below 55mpg with an average speed of 27mph.

Extremely happy so far!

Should have seen my reaction coming from an RX450h!

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I have now noted is the car is so well insulated in terms of wind noise and outside noise that tyre noise is more noticeable. That said I think mine is quiet enough and having read the Bridgestone bit above and happy I have Yokos.

A lot has been mentioned about noise etc but little about how well the 2014 handles corners (on 17" anyways) I am actually finding it better than my CRZ when really pushing which is rare as the CT brings out an inner calm which is welcome in todays congested roads.

The thing I have now noted is the car is so well insulated in terms of wind noise and outside noise that tyre noise is more noticeable. That said I think mine is quiet enough and having read the Bridgestone bit above and happy I have Yokos.

A lot has been mentioned about noise etc but little about how well the 2014 handles corners (on 17" anyways) I am actually finding it better than my CRZ when really pushing which is rare as the CT brings out an inner calm which is welcome in todays congested roads.

Yes the noise is tire noise rather than wind or road noise.

I noted this when sitting in traffic on test drives and the CT was audibly quieter than any of the other cars I tried inc Civic, QQ, CRV never mind my previous car the CRZ which was loud. Nice video on Youtube about the insulation side of things by the designer which I can't find again for some reason...will keep looking

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links