Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 400H Diy Brake Pads And Discs Replacement

Just thought I'd post this as I read a lot on the web about weird things happening to the car in terms of dash lights, the brakes priming themselves if you have the key near the car etc.

Anyway, that's all cods wallop :)

Simple diy job, bought the front discs and pads (pageant) from Europarts for about £120 all in, and took about 20 mins per side. Just make sure you have two 8mm bolts handy to screw into the old discs to pop them off.

Hopefully this will come in handy to someone :)

Good post and thank you for the information, I've heard horror stories with the electronic handbrake systems on some makes of cars where unless a certain proceedure is strictly followed the handbrake can activate without warning,not good if you happen to have your fingers in there at the time!

you will get an error if the pads are too far away from the discs and you press the brake pedal with the ignition on - the system detects it takes too long to get resistance. You can avoid this by not pushing in the piston in too far and also pressing the brake pedal a few times first without turning on the ignition.

If you do get an error, it is simple to clear the code and it will not return.

Bleeding the brakes is a different ballgame to changing the pads/discs - you need the correct diagnostic equipment to pump to each wheel individually.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links