Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk1 Gs300 Owner! My First Lexus Loool Why Cant I Find Any Parts? :

nonamecc79

Whats up people, I went out today and got myself a lovely mk1 GS300 and let me start by saying WOW!! Its the first lexus that I've owned and by far the most comfy!! Saying that im coming from a mk4 supra and a 5h gen prelude looool!!!

Bagged it for £400 with 93k on the clock, full service history, MOT till march 15", and 6 months tax.

My plan is to turn it into the ultimate Euro road trip car, ready for summer 2015!!

At the moment I have only 2 concerns:

1) Where can I get mk1 body/lip kits from??? Are mk2 parts interchangeable with the mk1?? :S

2) Does this have the same auto box and 2jz-ge as the 93" supra?? If so, why doesn't it pull in the same way??

Any help/suggestions/feedback would be appreciated!!

I shall start a project page and upload pics as soon as she gets a clean!!! XD

Welcome to LOC

Not much available for the mk1 unfortunately, and mk2 not compatible. State side may have some VIP stuff assuming import duties not too bad.

No idea what the 93 supra had, but if it is normally aspirated, it should be the same as the gs300 2jzge.

If turbo'd it would be the same as the Toyota aristo, and would feel considerably quicker with the twin turbo.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Hi another gs300 mark 1 owner here. Mine has 195,000 miles on it and is still like new. I would keep it standard if I was you because these cars surely at some point soon are going to go up in value. Rare cars when do you see another. Not often I bet cheers

I don't see the mk1 as a classic; more of a low and slow cruiser lool. It's not in mint condition so I'm not sure if it's worth a lot considering how much I picked it up for!!!! Took it for a 10 mile drive last night and found that my radio antenna is stuck and a few of my dash lights don't work. The RPM light and fuel level light bulbs need changing.

Ahhh I wanted a mk2 but didn't like the sound of the VVT-I engines!! I hear it's a pain to work with when going single turbo. I think a modified mk1 looks a lot more "jdm" than a mk2 which is why I love the look of it :)

I've been going through the forums and there isn't really a lot of threads on the mk1. Most of the topics are mk2 on-wards :s

• 2 weeks later...

The 2jz's made before 93" are de-tuned I think. It would be funny to put her on a rolling road to see how many ponies shes still kicking out!!

On another note, I've got her booked in to have a cat-back or straight pipe put in depending on the quoted price for either. Hopefully getting rid of the Cat's should help her breath a little better.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links