Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can You Settle An Argument Please! :-)

Cruiser459

If you mean reduce the miles on the mileometer then I would say that it is possible on any car given the right equipment , it's only a computer after all.... And we all know what hackers do with computers , cash points, phones, etc..... You should always judge a car by the condition rather than the miles on the clock !!!... Wear on the pedals , steering wheel, seats etc.......

Allan

ANY car can be clocked. Some cars are more difficult to clock than others. Unfortunately with Lexus- anyone can do it with a laptop, some software and bit of technical knowledge.

Clocking odometers is also much more common than many naive people actually think. 20 000 looks and sounds so much better than 80 000; 100K rather than 250K..

I personally think it's a industry wide scam and any kind of odometer alternation should be illegal or heavily regulated by DVLA. Whenever i bought a used car, it's the first thing my friends would ask- what's the mileage :D

Who knows? It shows 135K on the clock but how can you be sure, really? What i can be sure about is the FACTS- condition, service history (traceable). I bought it because it's been obviously looked after, not because of the mileage..

I personally would prefer 3 year old car with 200 000 miles (in fair condition and well serviced) to 10 year old with 20 000 miles.

Anytime!

• Like 1

I agree re the mileage and history - it's what I always look for and would rather have a car that's done decent miles a year rather than little. We are happily running two Lexi (?), one at 92k and the other at 109k, both with full histories.

The "argument" came about as there's a 98 GS on eBay with 25k on it!

I reckon that the mileage is probably correct , would anybody really clock an old car that low ? I bought a Honda vfr off eBay it was 20yrs old with 28 k on the clock ! Still got it after 5yrs, condition is everything, that gs was probably used by a old lady just to go to church on Sundays ,as the car dealers always used to say !!!......

Allan

• 10 months later...

You can check the previous mot certificates for the last 4 years this will show any changes you may be able to clock the car but the vosa system is a different animal

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links