Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member - Looking For Advice On Isf I'm About To Buy

MarkNotts

Hi, new to the forums and hopefully soon to be new to Lexus too. Looking to buy a silver 2008 from Lexus Twickenham on Tuesday (yeah yeah I know about the ridiculous price) and I've seen some discussion about the car on here. Just wondering if anyone knows the history of the car or if there's anything glaringly wrong with it?

I've owned loads of German cars over the years including RS4, M5 and JCW Mini but this will be my first play with a Lexus so not 100% what I'm looking for. Hoping that with the car being dealer sourced and with the 2yr servicing and warranty pack that I can't go far wrong but previous experience with Porsche taught me to ask first!

Thanks,

Mark

Well, collected the car yesterday and drove it from London to Nottingham. First impressions where that it was smooth, great motorway presence and all in all felt like a quality product with some really nice touches like the radar cruise control and the Mark Levinson stereo system.

Last night decided to take the car out on a couple of decent A roads to see what it could do. Sports mode selected, knocked into manual and....... Wow, that's all I can say really. Totally shocked! I've had two Audi RS4s, M3, M5 and a Focus RS. The ISF put them all to shame, it's composure on the road and the sheer performance via the paddle shifters is just a big leap forward from any of my previous cars. Handling was astounding on medium and long corners, far more grip than the 4wd RS4s.

So, all in all very happy. :)

Sorry didn't get to this post sooner! Ultimately there are no known issues with these cars. None! Lexus warranty is always a bonus and I have used mine to replace head lights (moisture ingress) and for a leaking oil transmission pipe.

Glad you are pleased with it. They are cracking cars, very well speced, blistering performance, reliable and very well built.

Any plane to mod it?

Stu