Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Ever Said The Is200 Mpg Is Bad?

Ive been keeping track of my mpg since i got the car on the road. Ive been filling the tank to the first click each time and noting the miles and litres.

first i got 28mpg mainly around london and a 160 mile stint on motorways at 80/90mph. I was expecting less mpg do was really happy with this.

the second tank was all motorways and cruising around 70mph and i got a massive 36.5 mpg, oh and this was with 1 passenger and a car full of camping equipment!

I have decated the pre cats on the exhaust manifold but have left the main cat in. I have a pair of hks hiper back boxes. Running on 18's and lowered on d2 racing coilovers, which should make little differnce to mpg.

i just thought id share my findings as some people have been struggling with 21 mpg and i was worried mine would be less with all the extra weight.

• Like 1

I get 33-34 from a 50% dual carriage way/motorway and 50% country lanes daily commute. Not too bad as far as I'm concerned. I'd be over the moon to get over 36!

And as several people have said in the past - you don't drive a Lexus for fuel economy anyway - if that's what you need you'd get a Fiat Panda diesel... :rolleyes:

Ah the is200 what a car, when I had my is200 the fuel economy was pretty good always Getting around 20 to 25 mpg locally as soon as you get on duel carriages or motorway the mpg went up to 30 to 40 mpg with cruising at 70/80 mph.....lovely cars , yours sounds cared for !! Any pics for us ?....

Allan

• Like 1

Yea i will put some up soon, Im having a front lip fitted and front end resprayed but heres a pictures in Galloway forest a couple weeks ago.

20140614_144712_small.jpg

20140614_133016_0_small.jpg

• Like 2

I'm only getting 20-22 mpg from my is250 , could be cos I love the ac and cooled seats.... But then as someone said you don't buy a lexus for fuel economy , you buy it for the comfort and luxury of a great car......

Allan

Indeed. If you bought a Lexus for fuel economy, you're gonna be disappointed. Zorro is my daily driver ( only car ) and I have done 25000+ since Jan '13. I'm very happy with the fuel economy. When we drove to, around and back from Scotland, I was averaging 35 all the way.

Lowering the car should improve (reduce) drag, so longer journeys should be better again.

cheers guys, im not worried about fuel economy, was working it out more for the cost of long journeys to budget for ie the trip to Scotland i did. its handy to know. and i was pleasantly surprised that it got above 30mpg to be honest :p

• 1 month later...

Just came back up from central London to Kilmarnock stopping off a couple of times to see family and friends. Car is a 2000 IS200 SE Auto with 73k and a fully stamped Lexus service history (12 stamps all from same Lexus dealer). Filled the car to the neck and reset the trip. Just filled the car today with the trip reading 493.5 miles. It took 61.2 litres today. Quick calculation works out at 36.7mpg. Probably 70% of the trip was on clear motorway at 75mpg constantly on cruise control. I'm really pleased with that especially considering its an auto. To me this shows the value of having the car properly and regularly serviced.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links