Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is300H - Frustrated By Dab Radio

Took delivery of my new IS 300h Luxury yesterday morning and am delighted with almost everything about the car. After many BMW 3 series cars this is a much better car. The only problem I have at the moment is that I cannot setup/use DAB radio. Have tried following the instructions in the manual and some playing around but other than fleeting glimpses of some DAB stations I have nothing. Can anyone point me in the direction of some idiot level advice on how to setup the DAB radio?

PJ

Welcome to the forum! Mine were set up when I took delivery, so I can't help. I think it has been raised before so am sure someone will chime in soon.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Thanks David. I thought mine would have been set up as well but first time I tried it on my drive my station list was empty and I had the message "no signal".Previous BMW had no such problems as DAB worked fine on my drive and two radios in house get excellent signal.

PJ

I did notice when I first looked I had 2 pages of stations and they were all nationals. Just looked now and without searching or messing I now have 12 pages of stations, with all the regional North West ones there now also. So looks like it does just auto tune automatically.

Good news - have just visited Plymouth Lexus and, with a bit of trial and error, Andy from Sales got me up and running. The critical step for me was, having refreshed the DAB station list via the Audio Set Up menu, I always had a blank screen showing the message "no signal". However, slowly turning the left hand knob on the audio unit panel revealed all the DAB stations coming up one by one grouped into ensembles (in my case BBC, National, Plymouth and Cornwall). Once a station is selected then you can use the DAB Settings menu and Presets to store it in the list of presets. Thanks to Andy I now have my favourite 6 DAB stations available as presets.

PJ

Good to hear. Bit of a shame they didn't do that for collection, very un Lexus like. Now you can enjoy the car properly!

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

Thanks David. I don't think the blame lies with the dealer. Bottom line is that my previous car was a BMW in which the Start screen was a full listing of all available DAB stations whereas the IS 300h has them listed individually.

Only had the car for 4 days but I am sure that I will really enjoy it.

• 3 years later...

Plymouth John,

Thanks for your update (a while ago!) but it helped point me in the right direction to get my DAB reception working. For what is generally a lovely car, the overall Entertainment systems is sadly lacking and not at all intuitive.

Anyway, I was getting the 'No SIgnal'  message so I followed the info that you provided above. I found that the following worked for me; 

Press Audio twice to get to the DAB source input.

Use the physical radio button to start tuning each station. It seems to need to wait about a minute for the reception to come clear. On the dashboard, Not the main screen, you can see the DAB station and once happy with it then use the main round button for moving around the navigation screen (push right to get to Presets, select required preset and hold for a couple of secs and save to memory). In order to load other stations, I had to use the big round button to get back to DAB Settings / Manual and then re-tune using either the radio button or the Mode button on the steering wheel. Once I got the hang of it I could ensure I got Radio 5 Live , Radio 2 etc and all now working fine.

For the price and type of car, one should not need to go through this sort of rigmarole but I guess the other option is to go for a Beemer where they seem to have sorted this sort of stuff out,

Thanks again,

On 01/07/2014 at 10:02 PM, plymouthjohn said:

Thanks David. I don't think the blame lies with the dealer. Bottom line is that my previous car was a BMW in which the Start screen was a full listing of all available DAB stations whereas the IS 300h has them listed individually.

Only had the car for 4 days but I am sure that I will really enjoy it.

Blame certainly does lie with the dealer. It should have been done before sent off to be delivered.

As David said, it's very unlike them, usually they even deliver the car personally and show you all the functions for an hour afterwards.

Anyway, atleast it's done now so you can get on with enjoying the car

Just select manual or stations in the DAB settings and they're all there...as above, using the left audio controler or steering buttons when youve found a station you want to save, move the central dial to the right>preset> select the preset number> press and hold and it's saved...

On 22/07/2017 at 0:36 PM, chris_fletcher said:

I find the sound quality is better on FM vs same station on DAB does anyone else think the same

Totally agree. The dab stations are no better than FM.

• 6 years later...

Just brought 2020 Lexus is 300h am and fm radio work fine but dab says no signal can't seem to find anything that tells me how to fix it followed a couple of videos still says no signal 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links