Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Music From Usb Stick - Car Slow To Provide Browse Option

BBKing

Changing the subject only slightly.........

While using the usb stick anyone notice that you have to turn the volume way up high to hear the tracks? Very annoying when you switch back to radio and forget to turn it down again first!

To original thread - What is the format of you USB? I suspect Lexus have least trouble to read from FAT, NTFS should not be a problem, but many large usb sticks come with exFAT.. which shouldn't be the problem .. but who knows. I always format usb sticks out of the box just for good measure (re-format if needed e.g. exFAT to FAT or NTFS). Problem 2 - iTunes can sometimes be funny with the formats and album art, but I guess your songs were bough from iTunes hence you have no option to rip them otherwise? 

I have never had an issue with music-via usb on 2012 IS, but 2016 CT I had as my courtesy car last week was unable to play music from ipod on one from 2 ports while I was charging the phone from another, but had worked fine when I plugged the phone and ipod in opposite ports. Which leads me to conclusion one of the ports is "slave". Switching the ports might help.

On the music loudness via use topic - it might be related to mp3 quality in source, either is low bitrate or converted using bad algorithm. If ripping musing from youtube or similar places there is high probability, that quality is already non-recoverable (something below 192bits) an choosing something like 192bits + you just upscalling junk quality sample without getting any more details. If you have an option choose - use source bitrate, so then you at least know which songs are junk quality and needs to be replaced.. 

Changing the subject only slightly.........

While using the usb stick anyone notice that you have to turn the volume way up high to hear the tracks? Very annoying when you switch back to radio and forget to turn it down again first!

I have this also but thought it was because it was from a bad source.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

On 23/06/2016 at 0:50 PM, PWOOD said:

Something not right there. Neither my CT or current IS suffer that issue. Did you rip the tracks or are the dowloads from say Amazon or Itunes. 

Have tried both, ripped from cd and download from amazon

You can use the likes of DB poweramp to change the gain of tracks before ripping. Have you also tried setting the cars audio auto level on and off. Mine is off and yes there is a slight difference in volume when switching to the DAB radio but that's usually compressed. When the level is set to on there is no issue at all.