Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Options For Gs300 Mk2

I've a GS300 Mk2 with the original 2002 exhaust. The front pipe (the one with the cat in it) is starting to blow and the two garages I've contacted have said the part is a dealer only now. One national chain cupped my arse with both hands and wanted £1250. An independent wanted £550 but said it could be more once if the lamda sensor didn't come out cleanly.

Financially it might make sense to scrap it and buy another wagon, and I know it's showing signs of it's age, but I hate car hunting and would probably rather keep this one limping along for a bit longer.

Any suggestions from the wise heads in here?

• 8 months later...

I had a similar problem with my Mk2 GS300. I used www.longlife.co.uk/ to build a custom (from the cat back) stainless steel exhaust. Everything, inc silencers was around £500 fitted. I used the one in Chester and they did a great job on it.

There's a chap with a LL franchise in Leeds who is excellent. I went there from P'boro for a full S/S system incl new cats for my GS430. Around £750 iirc and that's with a lifetime (transferable) guarantee.

• 3 weeks later...

Yer, a couple of CustomExhaustsRUs wanted between £250 and £500 to make me one, scrappie swore he had one for £125 but when I ordered it, the sacrificial exhaust was so rotten even they gave up.

Problem was "solved" with an exhaust bandage and a pot of exhaust paste which held together long enough to get an MoT but I will be disposing of the wagon before the next MoT because Father Time is showing me the other multitude of parts that will need replacing soon :o(