Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buzzing Sound When Coming To A Stop Lexus -Gs 300 2000 Model

uk173

Hi ,

Have just bought a V reg lexus GS300 with FSH. HAve noticed that when coming to a halt I can hear a buzzing sound from the car and very slight judder. There are no warning lights on the dash.

Am I right in assuming that its an ABS fault ...possible reluctor ring failure. Have seem to have read that these early GS 300 suffered from brake servo failure ? Brakes feel fine otherwise, only get sound when car almost comes to a stop.

learned feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you

Rings are a possibility, I would expect the sensor to out the abs light on. Or there could be a shard of metal stuck to the sensor. Sounds like you will need to pop all the wheels and discs off to check the rings or for foreign objects.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys . May I add that the judder is not the whole of the car but just in the brake pedal. I know that there are no lights on the dash and that all the lights are there ie/ no missing lights! Would it be wise to put it on a diagnostic ?

My previous similar experience with a toyota rav turned out to be a broken reluctor ring and I`m pretty sure that the abs light didnt come on .

Have just been going through the forums and have seen some mention of the "brake accumalator" and the fact that it may need re-gassing ?

Would this show up on a diagnostic?

Sorry folks I forgot to mention that the front discs appear to have a bit of a lip on them and was wondering if that can maybe linked to the sound and judder in thr pedal

Normally this is caused by either a faulty/dirty ABS wheel sensor or reluctor ring but even though no codes are showing it would be wise to have a diagnostic code check done 1st.

The GS300 does not use the conventional brake servo but a super complicated/expensive accumulator system to provide brake assistance.

Have just been going through the forums and have seen some mention of the "brake accumalator" and the fact that it may need re-gassing ?

Would this show up on a diagnostic?

You don't re-gas them. It has an electronic pump which generates the pressure and a pressure sensor for a closed loop system. If it doesn't get to a certain pressure within a certain time you will get warnings so it isn't that.

Just sounds like a sensor issue.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,my name is John and I'm new to the Lexus forum.I would appreciate somebody's help on how to bleed the brake lines and to clear out the abs,vsc and the brake warning lights that comes with the buzzing annoying noise!Thanks for looking in to my post,and hope to ear from somebody soon.Need help?