Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Has anyone seen this one on eBay? It has unusually low mileage and I have to wonder why it has not sold. It does not seem to be priced ridiculously high, does anyone know the car, or been for a look?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291178443843?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have absolutely no connection with this car, do not know the owner etc, just curious why it's been for sale for so long

Too pricey as a starting figure IMHO should have been £1750 staring with bids to follow

I agree, it looks nice but mileage on these cars doesn't seem to make that much difference re the price. I would have thought £2,500 max if it's mint.

I don't think £3k is too much for an LS. Mileage doesn't really make a difference with these but nice to have less than more! The interior would put me off though as I have never been a fan of black leather in the LS and others.

£3k isn't too much? I know a guy selling a MKIII for £650 and he has no interest at all lol

And if anyone is wanting to put down £3k for mine, I'll become a gold member faster that a fast thing going fast :)

Regardless of how good these cars are, mileage always makes a difference. The few I have seen advertised from £3000 to £4000 and beyond have all had low mileages (around the 60000 mile mark I think). Clearly they are well out of Glass's guide etc. but some buyers will always prefer low mileage cars (Including me). I have always bought low mileage, and change my cars fairly frequently, and touch wood, have always done OK. The 400 will easily do vast mileages, if maintained correctly, but that's just the way it is. just a bit surprised it did not sell quite quickly. I think it's a trader so he may well take less than the advertised price

I think you also have to be in the right place at the right time, some great bargains do come along. As I said in another post, I sold mine last weekend for £1,100. It's a 99 (T) with 107K, four good tyres, tax and long MOT, the interior is totally unmarked, and the bodywork looked fab when it was cleaned well. However, you can be sure that if I was looking for one I'd never find one as good and at that price!

Well Chaps: I have been in touch with ( Abida 111) That's his name, his reply is that Invoices show dates and mileage which are more detailed than a service book--When I have my car serviced the book has the date, mileage,and dealers stamp also the invoice that goes with it,so maybe as nickd said he has lost it.

I would think service books are easier to falsify than invoices. I had both, but still contacted the Lexus dealers involved to check their records matched. (being suspicious and cynical)

• 1 month later...

I have just purchased a 2003 '53' LS430 (Mk 2) with only 44k miles on the clock for a good price (£5,300) however there are a couple of issues being looked at so I am just hoping these won't cost me too much to put right.

The car is in excellent condition inside and out (Aletian Grey with Rushmore Black Leather) with all the toys.

I sold my 1998 'R' Mk IV LS400 last year with 225k miles and missed having a Lexus in my little car fleet - I just hope that this is a welcome return back to the fold for me

I have just purchased a 2003 '53' LS430 (Mk 2) with only 44k miles on the clock for a good price (£5,300) however there are a couple of issues being looked at so I am just hoping these won't cost me too much to put right.

The car is in excellent condition inside and out (Aletian Grey with Rushmore Black Leather) with all the toys.

I sold my 1998 'R' Mk IV LS400 last year with 225k miles and missed having a Lexus in my little car fleet - I just hope that this is a welcome return back to the fold for me

Sounds like a good one :) What are the issues with it ?

The rear suspension is sagging and the steering wheel tilt / adjust mechanism isn't working - providing these don't cost me too much money to put right, I will be relieved. It's a little disappointing but I know all cars do get issues

My LS400 was the best car I ever owned and it's going to take some going to be as good if not better

The rear suspension is sagging and the steering wheel tilt / adjust mechanism isn't working - providing these don't cost me too much money to put right, I will be relieved. It's a little disappointing but I know all cars do get issues

My LS400 was the best car I ever owned and it's going to take some going to be as good if not better

The LS430 has had problems with the height sensors due to water ingress and the airbags, the steering column motor is not cheap either, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thanks for the info Steve - if the cost of a new replacement motor is going to be a fortune, I will consider a used one instead.

I had read that with the new technology on the LS430 that there are some issues to be aware of including the height sensors.

Appreciate the heads up though

Having had two, I think the LS400 is impossible to beat. It's a shame that the 430 has these issues. I've only had mine for a couple of months, and although there are some (hopefully minor) issues, I would find it hard to go back to a 400 as I really like the look of the 430. The cabin space is vast and airy, and the toys are a constant source of amusement. I suppose that when you buy a car that originally cost in excess of 50K, the expectation of costly repairs is part of the package. I wonder though how much more I would expect those kind of repairs with the German equivalent!

... hopes Nach can get the issues sorted for not too much dosh ..... but a bit fearful knowing what previous postings have revealed on the air suspension costs to rectify and the bummer with the steering tilt motor.

Good luck anyway Nach, hope it works out ok for you...... fingers xd

Malc

Thanks guys - I'll keep you posted once I get the verdict

I am already on the case sourcing a used steering wheel motor just in case I don't like the new cost

I previously owned an Audi A8 W12 with the monster 6 litre petrol engine. It was an awesome motor, very comfortable, big, solidly built, all the toys, great to drive and it always got plenty of admiring looks.

I ran this for 6 years and sold it a few months ago as some of the bills were becoming ridiculous - I started to resent the running costs and decided enough was enough.

Fingers crossed I don't get same feeling with my LS430 - having run the LS400, the 430 was the car I really wanted to run so here's to hoping it's a good experience