Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Motorised Top Dash Monitor

Thanks for your replies so far...

Please take note that this monitor solution will be sold as a complete kit, with the NAVIGATOR as stated on the opening thread.

There will no supply of this motorised monitor solution on it's own.

Prices yet to be announced... But in the region between £1900 to £2300 Depending on NAV Version. PLEASE READ OPENING THREAD FOR KIT SUPPLIED.

Please do not quote me on these prices as yet.. these will be the possible minimum and maximum. As I am aiming at a really competitive pricing structure against other manufacturers supplied kit.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your replies so far...

Please take note that this monitor solution will be sold as a complete kit, with the NAVIGATOR as stated on the opening thread.

There will no supply of this motorised monitor solution on it's own.

Prices yet to be announced... But in the region between £1900 to £2300 Depending on NAV Version. PLEASE READ OPENING THREAD FOR KIT SUPPLIED.

Please do not quote me on these prices as yet.. these will be the possible minimum and maximum. As I am aiming at a really competitive pricing structure against other manufacturers supplied kit.

sounds like good prices to me mate,i want one :winky:

This Motorised monitor and Navigator option is for a NON NAV model IS200/300.

I will be taking my OEM SAT NAV out of my IS200 Sport Navigator to put the system on test and show around soon.

I am confident that it will be on par, if not better then the OEM as it's a NAV, + Movie DVD, + AUX audio Input, + additional Aux inputs, + Reverse camera Input.

I can't wait to get the Demo units on trial... Still working very hard at making the Plug and Play Harness, Considering I have the NAV model and the NON NAV model is based on a slightly different wire harness.

Again, I really appreciate all your input on this.

I hope it'll be here for a long time offering LEXUS IS200/300 owners a first ever "OEM" Look solution.

:)

This Motorised monitor and Navigator option is for a NON NAV model IS200/300.

I will be taking my OEM SAT NAV out of my IS200 Sport Navigator to put the system on test and show around soon.

I am confident that it will be on par, if not better then the OEM as it's a NAV, + Movie DVD, + AUX audio Input, + additional Aux inputs, + Reverse camera Input.

I can't wait to get the Demo units on trial... Still working very hard at making the Plug and Play Harness, Considering I have the NAV model and the NON NAV model is based on a slightly different wire harness.

Again, I really appreciate all your input on this.

I hope it'll be here for a long time offering LEXUS IS200/300 owners a first ever "OEM" Look solution.

:)

i cant wait till its launched my man,hurry up your slackin :lol:

Hi Steve

Great for IS owners, looks very neat. Do you have any ideas for something similar for us owners of older GS Mk1 models that don't benefit from nice neat sat/nav systems.

I would certainly be interested in a similar setup for a Mk1 GS300

Hi Keith.

Thanks for your reply. Although being a Mk1 GS300 owner, it's always good to have feedback from other car owners. :)

Unfortunly I am not that familiar with the GS model. :duh:

However with all good intent, if you wish for me to do some research on a one off piece for you, I will be happy to do so.

It would be nice if you have time to take a photo of the centre console and top dash area for me. :unsure:

Looking at the basis of various Navigation systems and motorised monitor units on the market today, I can only see that this solution is more unique and hopefully cheaper, with easy installation. :hehe:

Have you ever thought along the lines of having something custom done? There are many companies out there who can offer unique and bespoke in-car installations.

There are also some other simple monitor installations you can look into like a sun-visor monitor, I do not know if this is what you are looking for, but it's an idea of something different.

If you want a more permenent idea, here is a link to a Range Rover I installed a good few years back, where I opened up the motorised monitor and permenently left it in the open position and then custom frabricated the wooden panel. http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/alb...creen.sized.jpg

This will give you ideas on what is possible. :)

I hope this helps..... :winky:

There is a possibility that I might have this motorised monitor install in my LEXUS for the Christmas meet.. So if anyone wants to see it... Just ask on the Sunday... Or Sat, If your willing to walk.

This is pending something that might happen this week :) ...

As I had a call from a LEXUS dealer... But we'll have to wait and see..

Just a slight update....

I am working on the tiltable angle position at this moment in time.

I have already made a simple adjustment on the monitor for a better opening angle.

There may be a possibility for a choice of 2 angle settings.. But the modified default one will do the job great anyways...

Here are some more pictures I took earlier...

Medal of Honour

X-box connected

Just a slight update....

I am working on the tiltable angle position at this moment in time.

I have already made a simple adjustment on the monitor for a better opening angle.

There may be a possibility for a choice of 2 angle settings.. But the modified default one will do the job great anyways...

Here are some more pictures I took earlier...

Medal of Honour

X-box connected

oooooh i say,very,very nice,hurry up eh :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Possible location at the moment for the DVD player would be top right of the Glove box area.. Simular to the location of Pauls (FARGO) with mounting brackets supplied for everything, even the NAV unit. So all you need to do is lign up and screw into existing screw fixings on the car.

Location here : Note not this DVD player .

DVD location

The wire harness will be the most difficult part to develop Bazza. As this harness will be designed with all the correct connectors so it'll just plug and play...

Trying to make it easy peezy for anyone to install... :)

Remember the 2 Test people.... :hehe: :winky:

Hello i just bought my self a IS200 i was wondering. How much it would cost to get the Monitor and DVD fitted into my car if possible email the details to rudejones@hotmail.com. asap

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links