Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It is very fiddley to get back in - I find it a real pain but make sure it is in correctly - also you don't check the box oil level when the engine is cold. You may think it is low - you do not want to overfill the box.

Check the fluid has no water in it - the box is cooled by a loop in the radiator. If you get water in the box because of a leak you will need a new one. If you are buying a car always make this check.

Bren

Cheers bren. I checked it the other day, your right was a pain to get back in! The oil looked clean but it was a bit confusing as on stick there's nothing saying if its low like engine dip stick, there is two notches on stick i presume ones max and one low? The oil seemed to be well over the highest notch.i wanted to check as when i have been at stand still with engine running and foot on brake the car seemed to do a few little jolts, they were very slight its done this twice in about a week once in drive once in reverse, other than that gear change is good ect.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links