Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Coming Back Into The Fold...

I should have listened when I posted this last year... the Merc has turned into a bit of a money pit !

Since April 2013 I have repaired or replaced the following :

parking sensor

front brake discs, pads, hoses, stone guards

rear brake hoses

all four springs

front left ball-joint

abs sensor

water pump & belts

thermostat

gearbox oil change

new parking brake cable

replaced faulty stereo (with an eBay special)

paid Mercedes to re-code new stereo (arrggghhh!)

refurbished all four wheels and four new tyres

major service

minor service

That little lot adds up to almost £4k !! :msn-oh:

At least the next owner won't have to spend anything on it for a while...

Looking around I should be able to get a very nice, low mileage, late LS430 for what I can sell the E Class for, maybe even an early LS460.

It could quite easily be the last car I ever need to buy... the only trouble is finding one with the spec I want. Has to be fully loaded with ML stereo, radar-cruise, air suspension etc. Ideally silver with black leather - I am guessing they all have the same wood ?

Anyway - as soon as I've found my new LS I will be back (for good).

Cheers,

Daniel.

Ls600s can be relatively inexpensive to buy now too !!!

Seen a few advertised, mega high mileage tho' but with full Lexus service history, for £13k or so ............ be less at trade prices.

That's possibly going to be my end game when mine finally goes kaput ............... in about 20 years time :whistling:

Malc

Is your good lady having any say in the matter.

Mine loves being driven around in the LS - likes the quite and comfort, just hates driving it (too big).

She would have gone nuts if I spent 4K on any second car, so hope your re-entry to LS world gives you a better experience than Merc world.

If you have the luxury of a bit of time, the 460 (or 430) you want should come along, took me a few months of scouring the web to get the LS I wanted at the price I was aiming for.

• 1 month later...

I sold my old LS400 last year after 13 years and 225k miles - I had been running a newer and lower mileage Audi A8 W12 (6 litre petrol) and thought best to keep running this for longer instead of the Lex.

What a mistake ! The Audi is a beautiful, modern and well built car but it has not been a good or cheap ownership proposition - whenever I have had to buy parts for it, it has cost me a small fortune and because it's the W12 version, parts seem to cost even more compared to the lower model versions.

Last year alone I spent over £6k on various jobs - thankfully, I have managed to sell this year and I am now back in the Lexus ownership club with an awesome LS430.

Best bit is that whilst this car is 11 years old, it has only done 44k miles and I managed to buy it for close to trade price.

Good result and I'm looking forward to a few years of painfree luxury motoring

• Like 1

i bought my LS430 from John Churchill at Yate near Bristol, and he quite often has Lexuses (or should that be Lexi?) available. Try him on 01454 273302 or 07973 170170. Mention my name if you like.