Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I dont need to know :eerrrmm: its a spanking car too drive,does what it says on the tin and all for lemonade purchase money,so whether its doing commute or out for jollys at the weekend or on Holiday, its a joy too drive B) just fill um up lads its a V8 after all :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Latest update on my LS430 - I'm getting around 27 on a mixture of rural and mid-distance stuff. Longer runs I already know will show better than 30. So I'm content - the car is too enjoyable for fuel costs to be a big consideration amidst other domestic expenditure - but I'm seriously thinking about an LPG conversion next year.

My LS430 runs on LPG.

To fill the tank is about 75 litres, which is about 16.5 gallons.

For that I get a range of about 350 miles. My daily 120 mile commute is a mix of country lanes, main roads, dual carriage way, motorway and a little bit of city driving.

So, 350 miles using 16.5 gallons is about 21mpg. LPG has a lower calorific value than petrol.

However, you have to factor in the cheaper fuel.

I pay 52p per litre for LPG. My local Tesco is selling unleaded at 116.9p

Therefore, LPG is about 2.25 times cheaper than unleaded.

So, on a pound-to-pound basis I am getting the equivalent of 47.25 mpg

As the car already had the LPG conversion done when I bought it, I am not having to offset the cost of the installation, although I probably paid a small premium on the price of the car.

There are websites where, if you are thinking of converting your car to LPG, you can put in all the essential figures and it will calculate how many miles you will have to travel to reach break even point.

I am on my third LPG car (this LS430, Mercedes S-Class and a Mondeo), and have no complaints.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my LS430 for just a year now and recently did the sums on consumption for the year from 1 July to 1 July, with a wide variety of journey lengths and driving conditions over 9000 miles. The answer was almost exactly 25 MPG - which was (almost exactly) what I thought it would be from the first day of ownership, given that it's a heavy car with a big engine. Fuel is not a dominant compnent of our housekeepng budget, and in return for LS430 pleasure - who cares?

AFB

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links