Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shat Nav - My £100 Tomtom Is Better - Poi That Don't Exist

I've encountered numerous Petrol stations that are showing as a POI but are no longer selling fuel, just cars, or are an established shop or some houses. When I look at old google maps and street view they are not there 5 years ago so really cannot trust this feature, where do Lexus get this data from, the doomsday book? I accept things change but 5 years out of date? I can live with the icon showing Shell when its BP but as I'm not in a deLorean I will need to buy fuel at some stage.

Anyone got any tips on time travel or how to get this corrected

Try getting in touch with Dr who about the time travel he might be able to give advice ! On your second point I would buy a tom tom .....LOL

Welcome to the LOC Michael , hopefully some one will come up with some sensible suggestions .....

Allan

• Like 1

Two options -

1) Use your tomtom

2) Get them to update the sat nav to the latest version.

Ive had no problems with mine and my car is 2 years old and has still not been updated. Never needed to.

Even the latest sat nav version is very out of date. Missing roads, roads which haven't existed for 10 years, or are completely impassable, missing POIs, POIs which have been gone for 10 years, roads misnamed; heck, I've even found a misnamed town.

The data quality of the lexus maps is terrible compared to the maps from a company like tom tom.

I'm guessing that the quality varies from region to region. But I don't know where the data comes from, because most of the big map data vendors usually do take feedback about map errors.

My CT Advance has a built in Tom Tom. Great idea Lexus concentrate on what they do best - make cars, and let Tom Tom concentrate on what they do best - make SatNavs.

You can take the SD card out and update it from a PC etc. I thought this was the way forward but on the new CT they have gone back to the poor Lexus SatNav.

Why?