Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shat Nav - My £100 Tomtom Is Better (2) - Short Is Quicker That Quick?

It's probably something to do with the definition of Quick and Short on planet Lexus but 34 mins is not quicker than 24mins on planet earth (M5 to be precise). See pic

Quick - 9.8 miles, 34 mins

Eco, 9.4 miles, 33 mins

Short, 9.4 miles, 24 mins

post-50896-0-43264400-1405804600_thumb.j

Check the speed setting in the nav options in case the motorway speed assumption is set too low (unless you use the M25 in which case 20 mph is about right lol).

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

It's perfectly fine for an inbuilt system. I too love my TomTom but couldn't pass up the free premium offered, but would never pay £2K for it.

I think the days of the inbuilts are numbered anyway. I think apple Carplay will be the game-changer and I'd expect most car makers to incorporate it in the next few years.

This should also spur on the mirrorlink system to have a little more functionality than it does now.

• 3 weeks later...

The trouble with Lexus is that they are using Navtech and that has always been expensive, out of date and quite honestly useless. The first thing I did when I found out how much is being charged for an upgrade was went out and bought top range TomTom 6000. I always had a TomTom with my 4 previous Prius and before that with my Peugeot 607. How Navtech have stayed in business I don't know. Toyota/Lexus need to put in a TomTom system as they have in some of their other models. Why have a micro SD card with the Nav on when you can't upgrade it!! Makes no sense.