Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there, new member here!! I recently sold a 2010 Audi q7 and brought myself an ls 400 as a runaround, same old story, I cannot part with it, I do very little mileage and the 400 suits me Down to the ground, simply love it!!, we do about 4 long journeys a year so I am looking to replace my wife's car and was originally looking for an xf jag, ( my wife is jag mad) I have recently converted her to an ls 460. after dragging her kicking and screaming into my local Lexus dealer to test drive one, she loved it!! I am on the verge of buying an ls 460 (2007 56 reg private sale) the price is £11,700, it came from Lexus main dealer in nov last year and still has warranty until nov this year, it has had 3 owners and has a full Lexus history with 69k on the clock, is this a fair price? and is there anything I should be aware of. Many thanks!!

I'm not an expert on these but that doesn't sound like an unreasonable price from a main dealer. I'm sure others with more knowledge of 460s will be along shortly to advise further. Good luck (and I'm very envious too). I'm trying to convert my wife into getting an RX of some sort).

Sounds good to me but still haggle the price down a little or get some freebies :)

You should also be able to extend the warranty with Lexus and get a good deal on a service plan.

Post a link up for the car if you wish, we promise not to gasump you and will offer a Lexus biased opinion.

Nice to find one with low ownership and reasonable mileage,if it hasn't been done already may be worth asking for a HPI check to be done for added peace of mind.

Another 5 years and I might be able to afford one myself,but could I ever get rid of my 1994 LS400 is another question.

Steve2006 I can't part with my 98 LS either....... Back seats still look only a year old... And still as comfy .... I know I was sat in her today reminiscing :)

Am having same problem...I always buy something unusual during summer time but now am going back to university, I really don't NEED my ls...common sense says sell it...but...but...iv owned it briefly but I LOVE it....what would I replace it with....anything comparable is incomparable if you see what I mean and anything else isn't at the races...I may decode to bite the thirst bullet and just keep it as a weekend toy...these cars really get under your skin...

• Like 1

Hi Adam, first of all, welcome to the LOC.

If I'm reading your post correctly, an individual bought the car from a Lexus main dealer last November, and is now selling it 8 months on. I'd wonder why?

If the car still has 4 months warranty is it transferable?

£11k would be a nice price to pay, but if the warranty is transferable, a 460 with 69k miles and full service history is worth the asking price.

A few 56 plate 460's recently sold for £10k but mileage usually over 100k. Bear in mind road tax of £500. Push and pull all the knobs, buttons and switches, anything not working guaranteed to be a few hundred quid to put right.

Recently sold my 460 after 4 years of ownership, they really are great cars.

Good Luck.

Graham.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replys, walked away from the car when we agreed a price of £11500 only for the owner to call me back 1hour later and increase the price back up to £11900, he's on holiday now and the car is no longer advertised, we parted on good terms and I wouldn't be surprised to get a call on his return, checked the car out with his local dealer who confirmed the car came from them and had been well looked after by the present owner who had a previous Lexus with them, my head has now been turned to a ls 600h (2007) 104,000 on the clock £13000. I'm slightly apprehensive about the hybrid it's something that never crossed my mind, is there any known issues with these cars ie Battery life.

Many thanks again guys.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you when my Ls400 expires ( if ever ) .............. a simple !!! Ls600 with mega miles and FLSH at about £12k might be an answer ........... new cost @ £110k now

Hybrid Battery life has been covered on here recently ........ . 8 yrs maybe BUT possibly replace piecemeal and then maybe go on for ages

Let us know how you get on

Malc

• 4 months later...

Well I bided my time, checking the trader, e bay, piston heads etc daily when all of a sudden a 460 appeared that grabbed me instantly, 2007 one owner, it was an elderly guy who unfortunately was selling because of ill health and barely used it in the past year and had decided to sell, 2007, top spec 1 owner 35k on the clock serviced to death by Lexus Cambridge, car is in showroom condition and garaged all its life, mentioned to the guy about rear entertainment system and he looked at me like I was mad and told me no one had ever sat in the back as far as he could recall, ended up getting the car for 14k, don't know if this is a decent price but everything about the car just seemed right, will try and post a couple of photos.

• Like 1

Well I bided my time, checking the trader, e bay, piston heads etc daily when all of a sudden a 460 appeared that grabbed me instantly, 2007 one owner, it was an elderly guy who unfortunately was selling because of ill health and barely used it in the past year and had decided to sell, 2007, top spec 1 owner 35k on the clock serviced to death by Lexus Cambridge, car is in showroom condition and garaged all its life, mentioned to the guy about rear entertainment system and he looked at me like I was mad and told me no one had ever sat in the back as far as he could recall, ended up getting the car for 14k, don't know if this is a decent price but everything about the car just seemed right, will try and post a couple of photos.

Well done, patience always wins. Pics asap, cant wait to see her. Mike

Well done.. It's always good to wait your time and get the right motor and not the 1st to crop up... I did this with my 600 waited till the exact spec n color I wanted cropped up and mint condition inside n out with just 24k on clock... Paid top price for it but its exactly what I wanted and more some 😆, looking forward to your pics and your first post on your experience on driving her/him/it lol

took my best mate with me to view 4 cars before this one, he is very knowledgeable but is a bmw man through and through and currently drives an x 6 , when I told him I was looking for a 460 he looked at me like I had two heads, he came to look at the first 460 With me, after about ten minutes of looking around it he turned to me and said this cars a rolls Royce mate, he has driven my 460 several times since I've had it and guess what, he was on the verge of selling his x6 for an m4, but is now looking for a ls460. Another convert. Lol.

post-50046-0-70049100-1417911009_thumb.j

post-50046-0-49341500-1417911068_thumb.j

post-50046-0-93061200-1417911246_thumb.j

That is a cracking car Adam....and a gift at 14k!

Don`t take it to Cornwall as they might think that you are Doc Martin!

Regards

John

• Like 1

What a stunning car, you did very well. Please be careful about converting others who are not knowledgeable on Lexus motoring, makes it even more difficult for those of us who have been converted for many years and may need to change theirs.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys, well it certainly is a fantastic car, my wife drives it more than me and simply loves it, from the moment I drove the 460 the first thing that struck me was how I could instantly tell how the car had originated from the 400 , so many similar characteristics, you can tell straight away they are related daughter and grandmother so to speak lol. The one thing the 460 hasn't got that the 400 has is that roar I get first thing in the morning when I turn the key and hear the v8 burst into life, I know it sounds mad and although I am over the moon with our 460, Its still my 400 That puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

post-50046-0-23613900-1417990454_thumb.j

post-50046-0-62870500-1417990473_thumb.j

• Like 1

You need a drive like mine lol (old photo I've not as many cars now lol 6 on drive 1 in garage plus bike)

I've only 2 now LS600 + LS400 ( although 400 going away next week 😕) Mrs has 2 as well Toyota verso and Mitsubishi L200 animal

Sorry last photo is huge is meant to show driveway clear except the two LS's on it

post-11502-0-83291700-1418065559_thumb.jpost-11502-0-92129900-1418065694_thumb.j

• Like 2

No doubt about it.....they are a cracking lookin car and no mistake....a bargain in my opinion....well done Adam.

make sure the valve spring recall has been done....and then enjoy the smug feeling of driving and owning a super car at a fraction of the new price... :arrrggg-matey:

Thanks moriwaki, I'm wasnt aware of the valve spring recall, it was serviced about 2 months ago, assuming any recalls would have been done automatically, but maybe isn't the case, do you guys think I should maybe call my Lexus dealer,

The valve spring recall will almost certainly have been done. If it hasn't then they'll do it for you for free. However, there's now a fuel pipe recall. This is a shorter job, but still takes about 3 hours. This, again, will be carried out free by a Lexus dealer. If you ring them then they'll sort it out for you, but they are probably hoping to stretch it out til your next service.

I'm glad that you're pleased with the car. I've had one for six years now, the longest I've ever owned a car, and I have a strong feeling that there will never be another car built that I enjoy driving and using so much.

: o )

Thanks for the heads up on the recalls guys, called up my local Lexus dealer today and was told there are no outstanding recalls, I asked if that means they have been done, but was told by the slightly unhelpful girl "I don't know" I'm assuming they have as there are none outstanding, am I right to assume this.

I know it's fiction, but I can't believe doc martin drives a lexus on those roads, far too narrow. The paintwork would be shredded in no time.

Having had a ls 400 for a year and appreciating how good it is, the 460 and 600h must be phenomenal cars. The high tax on the 460 puts me off though. No idea what I'd replace my 400 with that would compare in any way, other than a newer model

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links