Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Facelift - How Many Will There Be?

On the 2nd generation was there just one major mid life update and the usual subtle spec increments typically annually or every couple of years?

I know it's just been a year (released July 11/12 2013!) but wondering what a facelift

would contain?

I'm aware of the Executive Edition.

Thanks.

Toyota/Lexus nearly always use a 6 year lifecycle with a facelift at year 3. Outside of the main facelift you may get minor cosmetic changes such as different exterior colours, different wheels etc and possible changes to standard equipment within the trim levels.

The facelift typically would included more major cosmetic changes such as changes to lights and small interior changes to switchgear or dashboard. For the IS I would also guess there maybe a Navigation/Stereo change and a suspension tweak.

Not seen anything for the Europe/UK Lexus market yet, but the USA have announced their 2015 model changes. Bear in mind they have a different set of spec's and models, but I can see some of the options carrying over to UK car's, such as the LED fog's for all and the different grey interior and trims. Interestingly, the 2015 cars and prices are declared live as of 1st July 2015.

Copied from the Lexus USA press site - link too. http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/lexus+2015+is+models+product+news+release.htm

What’s New for 2015 "This is for USA cars!!"

• LED fog lamps
  • Siri Eyes Free technology from Apple; compatible with Iphone 4S and Iphone 5 models
  • Heated/ventilated front seats added to F SPORT (F SPORT AWD also gets heated steering wheel)
  • Revised interior trim, including piano black on window switches and instrument panel
  • New Stratus Gray interior replaces Light Gray
  • Backup monitor adds dynamic grid lines to aid parking maneuvers
  • Available Lexus Enform Remote

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links