Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aux Input Adaptor

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must give my sincere apologies, as I have been terribly busy.

Will keep you posted, promise.

In fact, all those kept waiting can get them at cost price.

:whistling::hehe: :winky: :D :P

• 1 month later...

Hi to all LOC Members. I am interested in this Aux Adaptor and would be interested in one. Can you give us an update on the items production. I have an IS200 2004 model and would be looking to connect an Ipod up to it. :question:

Has anyone used the Ipod with the Itrip or the Full cradle that connects to the cigarette lighter if so what did you think of it? I have a FM mod and if this Aux Adaptor not avail I need to look at something better and have not tried any of the above FM Mods. :question:

Please help I cannot stand loading discs every 2 mins or so. :yawn:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Poor Steve, looks like he's got a hellva queue wanting these adaptors. Add me to the list! I'm keen.

...but given the fact that I'm in New Zealand and Steve seems to busy I'm going to try patching together one of my own.

Any tips? Any links to useful reference material?

I believe I've located the correct pins on the 12-pin Molex connector on the back of the factory head unit that will allow me to tap in some aux audio via the TV input selection... Well that's the theory anyway

Not sure if the adaptor Steve has developed will do what I’m envisaging. I’m not even sure if what I am envisaging is possible! My factory head unit has a selector for TV input on it. Since I don’t have a TV, I’m hoping I can somehow wire an aux adaptor into it so when I select TV the head unit will draw a signal from whatever I plug in…

Here's what I am hoping is possible. On the back of my factory headunit there is an unused socket, and from what I can ascertain this socket is for the input from the TV. I have labelled based on what I currently believe to be true:

TV%20Input.jpg

So if I can get hold of a molex connector like the one shown in the inset then I hope to be able to wire in some RCA connectors or a 3.5mm jack that will work when I press the TV button on the front of my headunit:

TV%20Button.jpg

From the sounds of it I may also need to try and figure out some additional circuitry to ensure that the output from my pocket pc is acceptable as input to the head unit.

Anyone got any thoughts?

That socket is, I believe, a cd changer connection.

Pinouts here (at the bottom of the page). Ignore the 6 pin connections (and probably the wire colours).

You'll get quite a few google hits with 'toyota 12 pin audio' or similar

I understand that if a toyota compatible device (cd changer, MD player) is connected here it can be controlled through the standard front panel buttons & show track No etc. The problem is that it recognises devices & controls them through a data bus connected to TX+ & TX- / pins 9 & 10. This data bus is a Toyota only standard called AVC-LAN, based on NEC IEBus. I'm having trouble finding information on these.

This unit appears to add Aux-In using this method. There are also protocol convertors which convert Toyota data to Alpine, Kenwood etc.

I'm interested in this as its an OEM type solution, doesn't involve hacking the wiring about and you don't need an external switch mounted somewhere. There is also good potential for using the radio display.

As far as the connector goes, I believe these Toyota parts nos may apply :

90980-10513

"Housing, Connector" = Housings Male and Female

82998-12340

"Terminal, Repair" = Sockets for Female connector with 6" pigtails.

82998-12330

"Terminal, Repair" = Pins for Male connector with 6" pigtails.

Stolen radio repair parts - not sure if you'll want sockets or pins?

Let us know how you get on.

That socket is, I believe, a cd changer connection.

Pinouts here (at the bottom of the page). Ignore the 6 pin connections (and probably the wire colours).

You'll get quite a few google hits with 'toyota 12 pin audio' or similar

Ah, yeah, you're probably correct. The pins I labelled above should still be correct tho, these came from a wiring diagram supplied by the Altezza dealer. Hmmm, tho the diagram does label the connection as TV Tuner...

CD-TV%20Wiring.jpg

Will let you know how it goes as my research continues...

Thanks for the links & info.

Interesting. The 'N' connector pins match the 12 pin connector functions so this seems OK as you say.

I assume the 'O' connector is the small one on the right - I don't have this one on my (pre 2001) UK spec radio - not sure about the later ones though.

I'm still looking for information as well - will let you know if I find anything.

:zee: If the Lexus 12-pin connector is anything like Toyota's 12-pin connector then we should be able to use the TOYOTA AUXILIARY INPUT ADAPTER Available from PIE.

I found some information on this site, but no Lexus specific information is given.

I emailed PIE on Friday about this option.

From my point of view the concern is this statement:

"TOY-AUX is not compatible with Toyota radio models AD6807 and AD6806, Toyota in-dash CD Changer Radios, Toyota Navigation Radios, Toyota Matrix, or Prius"

That Toyota in-dash CD Changer Radio bit seems to be a fairly broad statement that would probably include my factory unit. Bit of a shame really. :(

But if the pins on the rear of the radio still provide the input for a balanced audio signal, then we'll still require a box to convert teh un-bal signal to the balanced signal (which I am guessing this box does amongst other things).

On the newer IS's is this port used for the input for the Minidisc changer ??

Maybe SteveAudioX can shed some more light on what he was planning etc.... ?

From my point of view the concern is this statement:

"TOY-AUX is not compatible with Toyota radio models AD6807 and AD6806, Toyota in-dash CD Changer Radios, Toyota Navigation Radios, Toyota Matrix, or Prius"

That Toyota in-dash CD Changer Radio bit seems to be a fairly broad statement that would probably include my factory unit. Bit of a shame really. :(

The Toy-AUX is one of 2 interfaces i found on that site.. the other being the TOY03-AUX which works with Toyota small 12-pin connectors.

i have been making lexus wiring harnesses for years for lexus factory cd changers and navigation system add ins. the toyota cd changer port not only has different pinouts but only has 1 set of communication lines. the lexus has 2 and sometimes 3 sets. those are the txm- txm= txs- txs= wires on the schematic . so there is no way the lexus headunit is going to recognize a toyota cd changer adapter input. blitzsafes toyota adapter does not work on any lexus. they made some for lexus model but had no idea that every lexus has a different wiring relation with the amp and headunit. they pulled the lexus aux adapters almost immediately after releasing them several years ago. even the ones that seemed to work initially started cutting the sound out every 7.5 seconds which was the communication line interference from the cd changer to the headunit correctly................................................................. it appears the lexus factory navigation system headunits on the 2001 up models are easier to add in dvd and xm radio but that is still in the experimental stage in the usa but has been done on the 2001 ls430 that i know of. with headunit controlled through the cd changer port. the screen reads out disc and track numbers but they represent the station number when xm hooked up. so station 120 reads disc 1 track 20. . so it is possible to make a direct connction to the headunit on a lexus that is for sure. the 2005 ls430 is finally xm compatible from the factory.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links