Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello Everyone! (First Post)

VKP

Hi there Lexus Owners
I am very close to a decision to become a Lexus Owner and am delighted to see such a vibrant club!

Going to be looking for a MK4 LS400 - with a budget under £1800 and will convert to LPG at some point in the future

Is the budget viable?

Seen the following available and want to start viewing likely candidates, any opinions or advice on what to look for when inspecting would be very welcome

http://www.southbirminghammotors.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-ls-4-0-v8-4dr-auto-birmingham-201407165854737

Thanks in advance

VKP

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Rare to find a one owner example these days,mileage is reasonable for age of car,price wise go for an offer of £1295.00 if paying cash with no PX

You have more protection from a dealer should anything major go wrong for a short period after purchase, but if the service history claims are true should be OK.

I don't quite understand why ( I am assuming here)the previous owner would have a service done at 154,000 miles only to sell it on immediately so it may be wise if you can obtain the details from the V5C to ask him/her why.

Doesn't look a bad example from the pictures,even the wheels ( a common corrosion problem) look to have been refurbished.

Worth a look I think.

Welcome! I'm on the same hunt as you but I won't nick your find in Birmingham. I think you will find a good one within budget and I'd be cheeky and offer them £1100 for it - cash.

Many thanks for the replies and advice - I will try and get down to B'ham on Monday and see if there's a deal to be done watch this space!

I wondered if anyone can tell from the photos whether the car is deffinitely a MK4 (5 Speed Auto) - or how I might be able to tell by observation only?

I ask because I read on LS400data.com that MK4 revisions included a rear window aerial to replace the power aerial

http://www.ls400data.com/history.html

The car for sale looks like it has a power aerial (its not the aerial I care for, its the 5 Speed Auto)

Thanks,

Viren

I can confirm it is a series 4 and they all have the Aisin 650E 5 spped transmission fitted as standard plus the model was launched in October 1997 so a 1998 will certainly be a IV model.

JDM models tended to have the intrgrated radio aerial/rear screen demister ( both my 1994 imports have this) the UK spec seem to stick with a conventional aerial setup.

I think most were fitted with HID headlights, also there was a DHP variation which included bigger wheels, uprated suspension and a few other upgrades like the wood steering wheel.

That dealer in Birmingham has 3 (or at least did have last week) LS400s for sale at £100 differences. Perhaps you can see all three which will quickly give you an idea of condition variations.

Good luck!

The B'ham car dealer sold the car on Sunday night (apparently) - oh well, they say never buy the first one you see but as I didn't see it I guess I am still at Square One!