Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Basildon Revisited

Just back from H and S in Basildon with my new exhaust fitted.

To quote Chris from an earlier post "Holy Cow". However this doesn't do it justice unless the cow is a rodeo bull armed with a gatling gun whilst singing backing vocals for Motorhead !

The sound is amazing when accelerating however it does settle down when cruising on the motorway at a legal 70mph of course, very much NASCAR even under a gentle prod of the accelerator. It will be interesting to see whether it quietens down in the next week.

I'll get some pictures posted once the car has been cleaned as a 3 hour journey on the M25 and M4 has taken its toll.

I need to hear one of these in person.

signing backing vocals for Motorhead !

I know it's just a simple typo, but the image of someone doing sign language at a Motorhead gig is too good to ignore. I think the guy who did the signing at the Mandela funeral would be perfect.

Thanks for a proper chortle. :)

It doesn't get much quieter and it is an incredible sound. Quiet on a run and brutal under acceleration. Open the windows and rear it away from a junction... The sound is insane!

Damn iPad auto-correction. In order to stop my fellow IS-F owners from too much chortling I've edited the post using a good old fashion Windows laptop.

Great sound and the pipes look like they're OEM, much better than the fakes IMO.

Same set-up as the other guys. Cat back with the secondary cats kept. Ian from H & S did ask whether I wanted the secondary cats removed but said no. One small step at a time.

Same set-up as the other guys. Cat back with the secondary cats kept. Ian from H & S did ask whether I wanted the secondary cats removed but said no. One small step at a time.

Fair enough mate. :)

Looks like I may still be the guinea pig for the secondary cat removal! ;)

Just need to get enough cash together! Lol.

It's next on my list.

What would removing the secondary cats do? Just make it louder? I have heard Stuarts and it sounds amazing already.

Probably a bit louder but also less restrictive. As Pete is planning on having headers fitted the whole system will be less restrictive and as such add ponies. If you are not doing headers maybe another 5-10 bhp. With headers, 2nd cats removed and intake some lads on the states are seeing 40-50 bhp.

Stu

What would removing the secondary cats do? Just make it louder? I have heard Stuarts and it sounds amazing already.

Probably a bit louder but also less restrictive. As Pete is planning on having headers fitted the whole system will be less restrictive and as such add ponies. If you are not doing headers maybe another 5-10 bhp. With headers, 2nd cats removed and intake some lads on the states are seeing 40-50 bhp.

Stu

Thanks Stu...sounds expensive.

Lol, yep, will be pretty pricey to get the whole lot done, but worth it in my opinion. :)

If you check out some of the YouTube videos, the cars sound amazing with a proper exhaust system and headers installed.

Hi Guys

Having also had an H&S cat back done, I would personally not be worried about the extra BHP from a full flow system given the power already on tap, and wouldn't want to tempt fate with the insurance world. But still interested to see what a full system unleashes...

Here's a shot of the new system, sorry the car's dirty but it was far too hot yesterday to wash a black car. The weather only cooled down late in the evening just in time for a downpour.

post-50472-0-51063000-1406361345_thumb.j

And here's both exhaust tips. H & S have done an excellent job in making the new tips look just like the OEM ones and not a pair of aftermarket boy racer drain pipes.

post-50472-0-27569500-1406361336_thumb.j

Will paint the rusty bracket that's now exposed to help it blend in. Don't want to completely remove it just in case it's ever needed again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links