Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Strange Noises Please Help!

RIO

Hi all,

Please forgive me if I'm in the wrong place!

Iv just recently joined the forum after buying my first IS200, must say I love it but I have 2 noises that are driving me mad as I'm not sure what they are!

The cars a 2005 IS200 SE done 40k with 1 owner and had an MOT 2 months ago just before I purchased it and passed. FSH with lexus.

The first noise is a metal on metal noise which I think is from the front, I have changed the disks, pads, and the calipers are all working well. Any ideas what this could be?

What drives me mad more is a sort of wob wob wob wob noise (lol) from what seems the front, tracking seems fine as no uneven wear, no wheel wobble at all, any ideas on what this one could be?

I can only hear them both a low speeds (sub 30) but that could just to due to engine noise at higher speed.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thank you

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Did have this noise after changing the rear discs with Pagid one's. Had to grind part of the lip down on the hub plate ( dunno it's proper technical name) that was rubbing on the inside of the new disc. Also it's worth bending back the metal splash cover thingy behind the hub as it can touch the disc and cause a grinding noise.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I have heard that the rear back plate can rub, can't see anything when I had the wheels off but I may just bend it away more. Iv not changed the back discs or pads only the fronts so far. It's funny as all noises seem to get a little better when the car is warm.

Toyota had the car a week ago for a cam belt change and they believe the other noise is the early signs of a wheel bearing!

Really strange that you mention wheel bearing. My car never had that metalic grinding noise until both front wheel bearings where changed!

I took the car back and insisted they change the near side bearing again for another make as i thought it was coming from that side,even though they reckoned the bearing was fine. Assume the garage changed it, but maybe they just left the car for the day and gave it back without doing anything, but noise is still there. Cant work it out as have changed both discs and pads for another make, even done rears as well, but this grinding noise is still there, worse at low speeds.

Bothers me that noise only occured after front bearing were replaced...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links