Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking About Going To Look At This?

the gap between the n/s wing and front door looks too big and the two are not fully aligned which may indicate some repair work has been carried out - worth taking a close look in case of other issues.

the gap between the n/s wing and front door looks too big and the two are not fully aligned which may indicate some repair work has been carried out - worth taking a close look in case of other issues.

colin barber you are good!

Well spotted Colin. Definitely something wrong there. Could have had a repair to the door or front wing.

If that was the case, would there be other tell tale signs elsewhere?

I'd also call up and ask exactly what the claim of "FSH" means. After seeing about 5 cars where each and every seller lied about it.

Yes, good idea. Will check that. Left messages today but no answer. Will phone in the morning.

I'm heading down that way tomorrow Jonathan, if you want me to call in I am happy to give it a look over in the metal to possibly save you a wasted journey :)

I promise not to buy it if it is all legit.

I'm heading down that way tomorrow Jonathan, if you want me to call in I am happy to give it a look over in the metal to possibly save you a wasted journey :)

Steve - you are a gent! Thank you so much. I'm tied up in a graduation event at the Bridgewater Hall (my retiring colleague is getting an honorary doctorate) so the earliest I could have gone was Tuesday. But I would 'really' appreciate your opinion and will happily compensate you for any costs incurred. If you can give me a ring to let me know what you think that would be grand. Thank you Steve.

Will do,

I have a call booked at Woburn tomorrow so will be passing the M69 each way so will give them a call to arrange.

Not sure about the name of the company though "Barnyard Trade Cars Limited" there again could be a true barn find!

I've written your phone number down and removed it from your post, with this being a public forum you don't want some nutter or even worse a double glazing saleman ringing you :)

Well spotted Colin. Definitely something wrong there. Could have had a repair to the door or front wing.

If that was the case, would there be other tell tale signs elsewhere?

Look at the bolts used on the door hinges. The factory ones have self centring tapered heads which don't allow adjustment, these would be replaced with standard bolts and larger washers which allow adjustment. Compare to the other side. Look at the paint around the hinge area and inside the wing.

Also check the alignment of the wing / bonnet and at the front by the headlight. Look in the engine bay for any signs of repair work / creasing to the engine bay skin or damage at the front around the back of the headlight.

Accidents happen, just because it has a new wing or door doesn't mean it shouldn't be a buy, you just want to make sure of a good repair with quality parts and a good paint finish etc. Make sure all the electrics on the door work, check the central locking several times in succession.

If you are serious then an HPI check should tell you if it has been an insurance write off.

• Like 1

Jonathan the hub caps are wrong on that Mark 4 that is worrying in respect of wheel origin for a low mileage car As it been cobbled together after an accident or is it a theft recovery.

If I am wrong and I hope I am it is in good nick but pricey.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links