Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Arrived At Last

celtictricky

Long time since I have been here, but when the opportunity came to have a Lexus CT200h as a company car then it was an easy choice to make.

So.....after many years I am back and exploring my SE CT200h as of noon today.

In Obsidian Black with Sat Nav, and reversing sensors as the only options.

So a quick question - The Voice Control.....what does this do? At this moment it just squawks at me saying no voice tags? Is that all it does?

And......I am using a HTC One M8 Bluetooth audio works but obviously does not show album artwork? Anyway around this?

Look forward to a short drive tonight but then a 300 mile round trip tomorrow to explore.

Good to be back.

Hi, Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your new toy.

Don't know about the album artwork. I don't have the lexus satnav.

The voice control I think is for the hands free phone and phone book. You have to program the contacts then I think you can make a call by speaking the name of the contact. Not too sure, as I don't use this and it may be different on your model.

Someone else will be able to help i'm sure.

Paul

I have a premier with sat nav - my music and albums are on a USB stick - search these forums and you'll find jnd that's so tiny you can close the USB door. The voice control allows a lot of controls - mainly I use it to dial - but I have an Iphone and all the contacts are brought in from the phone on blue tooth. You can also ask it to play an artist or song etc. also you can control the sat nav - for instance if you have programmed it in say go home and it'll provide a route home. I was advised not to programme your exact home in for security reasons should anyone gain access they'd know you were away or some such reason - there are other uses and they are in the manual for instance say dial then say the numbers and it'll dual them hands free. The manual is daunting but it is revelationary - good luck

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Ok, so I do not have the premium nav.....Company would not allow me to upgrade it (Gits!) Not sure if it can be retro fitted, but I doubt it.

Re Voice - well the only thing mine does is say no voice tags saved? Apart from that it does not let me do anything. Will keep exploring.

Having loaded a USB with some tunes tonight just to test before I purchase a mini usb stick.

Thanks for the input though guys.

Go into setup then phone and setup voice recordings for your most used contacts. If you are near your Lexus dealer I'm sure they will help