Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Errrr My Mrs + Bus = Extremely Expensive Door Mirror

Hi guys

My darling Mrs clattered our RX400h off a BIG YELLOW BUS and basically destroyed the offside mirror, I went to our main dealer and the nice (slightly smarmy) guy told me the replacement would be £542.11p ! Sweet baby jesus & the twelve deciples !!!!! Thats just stupid. He did say it comes colour coded which is nice.

so my question is would any of you lovely folks know of where I can source a replacement at a sensible price ?

a breakers is really your only choice. They are expensive in all countries so importing isn't going to save you much money.

If you find something cheaper make sure it is one that has the memory function and auto dimming glass, unless you want to give up some functionality to save some money.

Hell of a price that is...... i wiped out driver side on my garage when I had a 08 gs450h and only cost me £80 that was only for casings as mirror and mechanical side was ok.... Is it totally wiped out or just casing n mirror

The casing is smashed and the mounting part is also busted, the electrics still work but I bet you cant buy the full mounting and casing thats painted ? Its very frustrating ! It's also damaged the side window glass so I'm now thinking its gonna be an insurance claim

£542 sounds reasonable to me. I was quoted well over £1000 by BMW to replace the offside door mirror on my M5, and it was completely intact, just vibrating badly. The glass part alone (which is heated, auto dipping and asymettric) is over £360 from BMW.

Got complete casing from lexus Poole all in correct color coded paint and was just a case of re-attaching mechanical parts and mirror £80 this was via a member on here who worked in parts department and got discount .... But not seen him on line for a good year now :(

I've got one, I think it's off a 07 model, in silver.

If your interested

Cheers

Gary

If you're giving it away that's fine,if you are offering it for sale you need to be a gold member to offer it as such :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links