Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Abs/speed Sensor?

KentIS300

Hello guys,

Ongoing problems with the ABS / Brakes on my GS300 (s2)

Since we bought the car more less a year now, there has been an over sensitive ABS ... around 15mph, likes to engadge and either think to put on the ABS or the TCS. If you accelerate past that speed the car is perfect with no problems.

The brake pump unit has been replaced. Since then plugged in a snap on readed and showed the the R Rear speedsensor has signals problems.

I though thar RR would be the driver side rear??? OS side.

So ordered a used hub with a compete sensor on it ... removed the sensor from the used hub, and installed it on my car. Exactly the same symptoms as before. ... 15mph and the ABS/TCS goes crazy.

Any ideas? has anyone else experienced the problem?

Cheers

Vasilis.

Right should mean when sitting in the vehicle looking forward so yes on a RHD vehicle right is OS

There are a couple of problems that if they occur at 10 or 12 mph an error will occur so this fits in with your symptoms. If we assume the sensor is working then I would check the rotor itself to make sure all the teeth are there and they are clear of debris.

If that is all clear then really you need an oscilloscope to view the waveform to see what the problem is - signal too low, missing pulses, noise appearing from an external source maybe due to damaged cabling.

I am planning tomorrow to remove the sensor and put in the torch inspect the teeth while I rotate the wheel.

It just seems strange that two different ABS sensors and the same problem still exists.

Fingers crossed it will be something stuck in there ... and once taken out it will fix my problem.

Let's see .... :)