Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200 "build" Thread

SamBerry95

Right, so for the last year I've been driving around this 1.6, mk2 ford focus. Not a whole lot done to it, was lowered on V-Maxx coilovers, rolling on Dare DR-RS alloys, 18"x8J, rear windows blacked out, HID's, and wind deflectors. I spent a decent bit of cash getting some minor surface rust sorted on the arches and getting most of the horrible textured plastic colour coded... So yeah, not a whole lot done to it, but enough to get it looking how I wanted it :) I would upload a photo of it but for some reason... It ain't letting me???

So, as it came close to the end of my insurance policy and I had the years no claims (that would bring my insurance down a tonne due to only being 18) I thought it would be a perfect time for a change... In which I decided to buy a black is200 se. And to be honest, I think I'm on to a winner! Its absolutely immaculate! The wheels look like they're fresh out the factory, there's no stone chips or anything! The only "fault" is 2 small imperfections on the rear bumper but aren't noticeable. One owner from new in which I was told it was an older couple. It's a 2004 with only 59,000 miles on the clock, full service history almost all stamps from Lexus, and a stack of Mot certificates with no advisories. More about the good stuff, it's manual, petrol, with either the tte body kit or the trd one, I forget which is which, and a rear spoiler that's grown on me (didn't know if I liked it at first). The idea is to black out the rears, drop it on a set of BC's or HSD's, get some black rota grids or gtr's... oooooor, Get a nice set of Dare DR-RS's like what I had on the focus ;) But like anything else, it all comes down to money. I've had the car about a week and i love it! Everything just feels solid, it's ridiculously comfortable, and it looks great in my opinion!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to my good friend Joel, I've gotten a sport grill which I think makes the car look even better! I've ordered a TRD badge for the grille to replace the sport badge on the front and a TRD badge for on the rear too! Had some vinyl left over from a previous "project" which I used for a sunstrip. Love how it turned out! For some odd reason, photos aren't uploading from my phone, will post some as soon as I get to a computer :)

• 5 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links