Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My car came with a doughnut tank fitted, all the wiring, pipe work etc done up to the engine and a box of bits to complete including ecu, injectors etc...how/where could I get this job completed....lpg centres don't wanna know as they need to have done all the work to certify, and an lpg 'homer' seems unlikely...it's a romano system as far as I know....would make my decision to keep the car even more sensible if I could get it converted....but am not paying 2k for a full conversion on a car that didn't even cost that...

You are going to have trouble finding someone to fit your box of bits. I dont mean to put down what you say you have or the quality of what you have bit Guarantee something is missing and thats when it starts to get exspensive for the Gas Engineer. You cant gaurantee that what has already been installed is done properly. Just to many ifs & buts.

Unless you know a friendly Gas Engineer to fit it I would put all the bits on eBay and put whatever money you raise towards having a system installed from the begining. Mike

Yup, what I thought....that's exactly what I do...fuel isn't an issue anyway so not fussed about lpg full price conversion, if I out the tank and bits on eBay I might raise a tank of fuel!,,il give it a go....

I have a guy who was an lpg fitter who says he will ' give it a go' but that phrase does not fill me with confidence....when my daughter and mrs took first drive in my ls, they commented, wow, this must be what it's like having a new car...!! I don't want to risk anything spoiling it's driveahility

Yup, what I thought....that's exactly what I do...fuel isn't an issue anyway so not fussed about lpg full price conversion, if I out the tank and bits on ebay I might raise a tank of fuel!,,il give it a go....

I have a guy who was an lpg fitter who says he will ' give it a go' but that phrase does not fill me with confidence....when my daughter and mrs took first drive in my ls, they commented, wow, this must be what it's like having a new car...!! I don't want to risk anything spoiling it's driveahility

"give it a go..." Very wise, "give it a wide berth" because if they are not installed correctly you are driving a mobile bomb around. Mike

You are a long way from East Anglia or I could give you a name of installers who have told me they can help me if I get stuck.

I've been getting the parts to do a single point conversion as I wouldn't want to mess with the inlet manifold, and I ran an S320 for six years on single point without a problem. I did install a blow back valve which the previous owner had not done, replaced the tank multivalve and vaporiser. A difficulty is not with the mechanical parts so much as the wiring which i will leave to my mechanic. My other difficulty is deciding exactly where the vaporiser will fit and is best fitted. I would be interested to see early 400 set ups if members have single point. One car I spotted on eBay showing the engine bay has the Leonardo and Emulators rear right and Vaporiser under the Throttle cable box (think that is what it is) parallel with the throttle body. I have an Emmegas Super Vaporiser which arrived this morning and its pretty chunky and may be difficult to place. I'm in no hurry to get started as other things will take precedent..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links