Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Care To Share Sonic Titanium F Sport Pics?!

As the title really. Im liking the blue and the red myself but wife seems to be into the Sonic Titanium. Everytime we go to the dealer it appears the Sonic Titanium F Sport is always away and the showroom is full of white or black F Sport's!

Any pics in different lighting would be especially helpful. Ive seen some but they all appear to be in the states so dont reflect the UK lighting very well. Thanks in advance!

Some pics here: http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/new-ride_topic5926.html

Including one of my own F-sport prior to collection.

I had exactly the same debate as you with my wife as I originally liked the blue and even after i'd asked the dealer to go ahead with a Sonic Titanium F-Sport ended up driving to dealers to look at the blue again one evening. However when we got there my car was in the car park and when I saw it with the dark grey wheels my mind was made up. For some reason I think the dark wheels really make this colour and i'm not usually a big fan of dark wheels.

• Like 1

Rayaans, I'm short of time but will post mine as soon as I can. It's a superb colour, easy to maintain and it takes on different hues depending on the lighting conditions.

IMO it's much more sophisticated than ordinary silver, daft as that sounds.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Easy colour to maintain so far, but then I'm more used to black cars.

I think like a lot of silver based paints it will mask any surface swirls or similar, but obviously they will still be there. One of my reasons for going for this colour is because I think it will be quite a practical colour, i.e. won't need cleaning every week. But if the car is clean and the sun's out it looks great !

Indeed Sonic Titanium is one of the nicest colors, but unfortunately from experience I know that color
matching is extremely difficult. Even if you use Lexus recommended bodyshop Lexus.

I Catched up two parking lot damages, one pretty big, when the car was parked. The first re-spray the color
was too sparkling, so they re-sprayed the complete side of the car but still you could see the color difference, just too brownish.

The second time I informed another bodyshop that the color is extremely difficult to match , no problem they say,
but finally they could not match it. They have asked there paint supplier to mix the color exactly in there laboratory, taking trunk as reference. Now paint color applied satisfying.

In total my car has in thebody shop for two months this year :megaangry: . But still going strong :flowers:

Rayaans, I'm short of time but will post mine as soon as I can. It's a superb colour, easy to maintain and it takes on different hues depending on the lighting conditions.

IMO it's much more sophisticated than ordinary silver, daft as that sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Easy colour to maintain so far, but then I'm more used to black cars.

I think like a lot of silver based paints it will mask any surface swirls or similar, but obviously they will still be there. One of my reasons for going for this colour is because I think it will be quite a practical colour, i.e. won't need cleaning every week. But if the car is clean and the sun's out it looks great !

Indeed Sonic Titanium is one of the nicest colors, but unfortunately from experience I know that color

matching is extremely difficult. Even if you use Lexus recommended bodyshop Lexus.

I Catched up two parking lot damages, one pretty big, when the car was parked. The first re-spray the color

was too sparkling, so they re-sprayed the complete side of the car but still you could see the color difference, just too brownish.

The second time I informed another bodyshop that the color is extremely difficult to match , no problem they say,

but finally they could not match it. They have asked there paint supplier to mix the color exactly in there laboratory, taking trunk as reference. Now paint color applied satisfying.

In total my car has in thebody shop for two months this year :megaangry: . But still going strong :flowers:

DJP - No worries, its not urgent or anything like that, just looking at the possibilities.

Martin F - My previous Lexus was black and it showed every scratch and stonechip. At that point, I didn't really care too much though. I find that Arctic Pearl is fantastic and rather maintenance free. I used to wash my black Lexus every week without fail simply because it got very dirty in that time. In winter, it basically never looked clean. Arctic Pearl on the other hand seems to mask any stone chips and minor swirls very well and in the winter I can go without washing the car for 3 months. Of course, I do put a durable wax on beforehand. Sonic Titanium appears to a nice light colour so will probably be the same.

Twan1970 - Ive heard that all pearl colours have colour matching problems. Its got so many flakes inside that its difficult to align them all in the same way. The car will be my wife's so it'll be visiting the supermarket a lot and general shopping + the school run :msn-oh:. Her current Mercedes also has a pearl colour, lovely in the light, glows more than it sparkles and we had a few doors keyed which were a PITA to match so I know what its like!

I've seen the Ultra Blue, F Sport White, Celestial Black and Sonic Titanium in the metal so to speak and I must say the Sonic looks so good with the darkened F Sport alloys.

I've gone with black and I'm a little worried about keeping it clean and chip free! I think I've got to accept that's not going to happen for very long..!

The Ultra Blue seems like it would be a relatively easy colour to look after though - deep enough to swallow small imperfections and shine through dirt. Seen one on the M25 that was clearly a few weeks without a wash, but still stood out.

I've seen the Ultra Blue, F Sport White, Celestial Black and Sonic Titanium in the metal so to speak and I must say the Sonic looks so good with the darkened F Sport alloys.

I've gone with black and I'm a little worried about keeping it clean and chip free! I think I've got to accept that's not going to happen for very long..!

The Ultra Blue seems like it would be a relatively easy colour to look after though - deep enough to swallow small imperfections and shine through dirt. Seen one on the M25 that was clearly a few weeks without a wash, but still stood out.

Blue is still relatively dark so any scratches would be seen easily and swirls are always a problem on darker vehicles. Its going to be my wife's car too, she thinks its a "boy's" colour.

This was my first choice colour, but settled for Ultra blue, as it was at the right price, still not sure, but it will be a rewarding colour when waxed.

However, a pure wax will never improve the look of any vehicle. What you need is some polish for the added shine!

Damn those are some nice rims on that Lexus!

They are lovely, especially when clean. I'm really pleased I bought the wheel insurance too, I'm afraid the Underwriters won't be making a profit from me. :msn-cry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links