Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello everyone,

been a while since being on this forum.

Don't know if this is a problem others have encountered. My drivers side electric mirror on my yr 2000 IS200 SE stopped retracting yesterday. But the passenger side one is working fine. I hear zero noise at all from the drivers side so it appears to have lost all power. Does anyone know if the passenger and the driver's side mirrors are on separate fuses? If not should I be changing the motor itself? Is this hard to do? I'd like to fix this issue myself as I'm on a tight budget so any pointers about what could be done to correct the issue are much appreaciated!

Thanks Colin,

Yes. I'm able to close it manually but there appears to be nothing blocking it. I had a quick look on eBay and I can see that I could buy the whole mirror with motor for about £45. How easy is it to remove and replace the whole thing?

I think the speaker trim just pulls off, disconnect the wiring and undo two bolts holding on the mirror.

But I wouldn't just replace without doing some testing first. The retractor button is dual pole, one for each mirror, so it could be the switch that is faulty or wiring/connector.

If you get to the mirror connector behind the door tweeter you can either check for voltage if you have a volt meter or disconnect and apply 12v to the motor to see if it works. The retract motor is connected to pins 1 and 2

post-3469-0-34762000-1408045241_thumb.pn

Thanks for the diagram Colin. It just rained loads in my area and I went out to the car, turned on the electrics and immediately could hear the motor on the driver side retractor working. After a loud crack it began working again. However it is noticeably slower than the passenger side. I'm going to disconnect it as you suggested and give it a good clean. Hopefully that's all it needs. Thanks again!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links