Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Celica Gts Opinions

petayV8

Hi everyone. Ive been offered a 2000 Celica GTS for a awesome price from a family friend.its auto with e shift. Im debating whether to get it. Pictures coming

2014-08-17_13-33-11_180_zps6c374e05.jpg

2014-08-17_13-33-27_778_zps178b9cae.jpg

if its the 190bhp VVTLi model then i would say go for it mate..they are meant to be very good in terms of handling and power due to their light weight.. looks quite nice in white aswell.

thanks for the reply noby. It does have VVTLi but i believe its 180bhp? not 100%. but yeah its a fun car for sure. Only thing thats putting me of is its so small and i bike alot. and i thought my IS200 was cramped! lol

The pictures were after i spent 4 hours detailing her

oh ok power might have been dropped by 10bhp in the later or US models as they are down as 190bhp in Europe. i think Toyota designed these as an answer to Honda Integra Type R at that time but the celica had more toys, better styling and looked more grown up than the raw looking boy racer Integra. I can tell you still miss the IS200 so might aswell trade in the Celica for an IS300 or more so GS300/GS400 which will give you more space for the bike :)

Haha thats actually a good idea. Buy this on the cheap and trade. Maybe even swap for a IS300 to the right person.

Yeah and those only reason im considering it is bc it does have a good amount of kit for a car of its type. And it reminds me of my is200 with same switch gear etc lol

I briefly owned both cars and can confidently say that the Celica will swallow a mountain bike and out-handle the IS200 simultaneously ;)

I found it more fun to drive through the twisties, and mine wasn't even the VVTLi model. I highly recommend it.

10380189_10154411626615113_3732317640690

Of course, it goes without saying that the Celica isn't as quiet and as refined as the IS200. ;)

yeh Ganesh they are meant to be very good handling cars for a front wheel drive not a lot of power but their handling and light weight gives them a lot of advantage.. might get a VVTLi in T sport trim as a second car just to have fun with and maybe do some track days lol.. also do like those Honda S2000's..

might aswell enjoy it for sometime Petay and get back into an IS or GS once you get bored or more so keep both and have the celica as a project track day car lol.. their engines are also meant to take a super charger well as they could be found in the Lotus Exige's .. :winky:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links