Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

You long-time owners know the LS is full of nice touches and attention to detail. But forgive this newbie for raving about something so trivial and so ... er ... 'intimately' useful!

I discovered today that in among all the ventilation outlets on the Mk4, there's one dedicated to keeping one's "family jewels" fresh - just under the steering wheel. :D

It's very effective, without quite being as high-tech as the LS430's ventilated seats.If the previous owner hadn't left the vent open, I'd have never known it was there. Might be a bit too cold with shorts on...

The other pleasant surprise was 38mpg at about 50mph on cruise control (although I live in the flatlands of East Anglia, so it's as easy a ride as the engine would ever get). I should get 400 miles out of this first tankful; 310m so far with 1/4 left on the petrol gauge.

One minor niggle discovered: a sniff of wind noise from about 50mph. I think it's from the top centre of the windscreen and I wonder if it's a less-than-perfect fit after a windscreen replacement?

• Like 1

You long-time owners know the LS is full of nice touches and attention to detail. But forgive this newbie for raving about something so trivial and so ... er ... 'intimately' useful!

I discovered today that in among all the ventilation outlets on the Mk4, there's one dedicated to keeping one's "family jewels" fresh - just under the steering wheel. :D

It's very effective, without quite being as high-tech as the LS430's ventilated seats.If the previous owner hadn't left the vent open, I'd have never known it was there. Might be a bit too cold with shorts on...

The other pleasant surprise was 38mpg at about 50mph on cruise control (although I live in the flatlands of East Anglia, so it's as easy a ride as the engine would ever get). I should get 400 miles out of this first tankful; 310m so far with 1/4 left on the petrol gauge.

One minor niggle discovered: a sniff of wind noise from about 50mph. I think it's from the top centre of the windscreen and I wonder if it's a less-than-perfect fit after a windscreen replacement?

I've had mine for 6 years never new that, will have to look first thing tomorrow. Mike

The vent under the steering wheel is very handy. It's great with the A/C on in hot weather and in the winter you can use it to warm up your 'nether regions' too. It is also 'pointable' i.e. you can vary the position up or down or close it off completely if you want by turning the plasic thumb wheel. Very Lexus like.

I find the crown jewel cooler handy as the rest of the family dislike the fact that I like it too cool when driving, so it is a great way to get personal with the AC and not freeze the rest of the family.

Had my Mk4 for over 2 years, and think I have discovered all the hidden bits and bobs.

It's not just the later model that had this feature, my 1994 also has the "Crown Jewel Cooler" which from now on will be refered to as the CJC device so I'm guessing it is a feature across the full production period.

One thing you won't find on UK specification models is the Emergency Flare Holder fitted to Japanese specification models

• Like 1

"CJC" is it! :)

Also today, I spotted that the DHP alloys are NOT supplied as 2-left and 2-right, despite being an asymetrical design. Deducted one point, Mr Lexus.

And there's something curious about the door mirrors that I haven't quite fathomed yet. They sometimes get themselves in a position which isn't fully aligned with the small shaped fairing at the door mounting. And it seems a bit odd to force them. I'm not sure how this happens, and if it's partly down to using or not using the folding action. To be investigated further...

It's not just the later model that had this feature, my 1994 also has the "Crown Jewel Cooler" which from now on will be refered to as the CJC device so I'm guessing it is a feature across the full production period.

One thing you won't find on UK specification models is the Emergency Flare Holder fitted to Japanese specification models

That doesn't bother me, I was never a fan of flares, or big collars come to that

i'm surprised the CJC device does not have a left /right setting, we gentlemen can dress on either side, perhaps one's Lexus Dealer can change some computer setting somewhere?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links