Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Buying Rx450H

I am currently a very happy GS300 owner and think its time for a change.

Love the reliability and refinement of the Lexus, and have decided to stick with Lexus and look for a good RX450h, probably around a 2010 .

Are there any problems or recalls i should be aware of, as i normally keep my eye on the GS forum, so would appreciate any advise members have.

Another small point, but do all RXs have DAB radio in?

Thanks

Paul

As Colin states DAB was standard from 2009 model but not sure it was on every trim level.

I am on my second RX450 and only things to watch out for in my experience are :

- there was a recall for alarm glass breakage sensor I think.

- front wheel tracking after tyre replacement - every time I had tyres done it needed re-doing.

- trim squeaks and rattles in centre console and door panels

- Battery - some RXs suffered from failing main 12V batteries (not the ones for the hybrid)

- I had IPOD crashing issues - solved by turning off the option to display cover art

only other thing to watch for is the large smile on your face when you find you can drive in snow as compared to the GS :-)

My 450h has DAB and its really good although there are some areas you still cant get reception. You can tell if the model you are looking at has it. The aeriel is on the inside of the screen top left handside comes with a small receiver unit attached.

Problems, none major although ride unsettled by potholed roads! Mine has air susp supposedly better than springs. 2010 ver

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links