Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

It is a lot of money, but it's all down to the individual. If its in the condition it appears to be in, then you would be looking at paying maybe 2K + to get a lesser one up to that standard. It seems to have a good pedigree as well with one owner and full history. It would have to be a car that the buyer intended to keep for a long time though, as they will never get their money back, not until it became a real classic that is.

they do scrub up well don't they ..... think I've seen this advertised long time ago ............... same flooring in the showroom !

Dopey price :whistling:

Malc

It is a lot of money, but it's all down to the individual. If its in the condition it appears to be in, then you would be looking at paying maybe 2K + to get a lesser one up to that standard. It seems to have a good pedigree as well with one owner and full history. It would have to be a car that the buyer intended to keep for a long time though, as they will never get their money back, not until it became a real classic that is.

No mention of the timing belt being done, that'll be another grand if you get in done at a dealers, and you would have to use a Lexus dealer if you wanted to maintain it's 'Provenance' and perceived value

If it's Full Lexus Service History it would have been done at 10 years old whatever the mileage........... I remember when I bought my 8542 miler, 1994 Mk2 in 2007 the cambelt change had been done in 2004, 10 yrs, at 3102 miles.

If it's not FLSH then it won't have the provenance that commands such a dopey asking price.

Malc

If it's Full Lexus Service History it would have been done at 10 years old whatever the mileage........... I remember when I bought my 8542 miler, 1994 Mk2 in 2007 the cambelt change had been done in 2004, 10 yrs, at 3102 miles.

If it's not FLSH then it won't have the provenance that commands such a dopey asking price.

Malc

That's true, a dealer would mention a Lexus History - And, wow! your car was a dream purchase wasn't it? What mileage is on it now?

My Mk2 died, a write-off, irreparably economically ( for me and my insurers ) vandalised by some low life ......... but I got my Mk3 with FLSH 3 yrs ago now and it's done 161k ...... but my indy looks after it and it's just a super car, my 3rd Ls400 and my main transport for nigh on 13 years of glorious motoring.

Malc

• Like 1

Asking prices for low mileage FSH examples seem to be going through the roof lately. I think people have begun to latch on to how desirable these motors have now become. I'm sure someone will pay over the odds for it though, regardless of an overdue cambelt change.

Seen that for a while....put it like this, my car has 67k, three owners and a full history, lexus till few years ago....I think it's in fantastic condition and I DID have it advertised for 2k...till I woke up and realised I would never find another like it, it owes me nothing in real terms and the mileage I do and the way I drive, it's so over engineered it could last me indefinitely! Find a good one, cherish, enjoy...

• Like 1

Seen that for a while....put it like this, my car has 67k, three owners and a full history, lexus till few years ago....I think it's in fantastic condition and I DID have it advertised for 2k...till I woke up and realised I would never find another like it, it owes me nothing in real terms and the mileage I do and the way I drive, it's so over engineered it could last me indefinitely! Find a good one, cherish, enjoy...

I've only had the LS for 5 days and already I'm beginning to think that it's gotta be a keeper, what else is there for the money?

I took my bro in law out in it yesterday, he's a bit of car nut, he was so genuinely impressed by the car but when I told him I much I paid for it, I'm sure he cried

• Like 1

I am only in week 3 of MK4 LS400 ownership - I don't have much experience of Prestige motoring (and setting their costs of purchase and ownership to one side) I have never experienced such a smooth and refined driving experience.

My brother is a long time Mercedes enthusiast (W123 and W124) I can't wait to get his verdict on the MK4

I am only in week 3 of MK4 LS400 ownership - I don't have much experience of Prestige motoring (and setting their costs of purchase and ownership to one side) I have never experienced such a smooth and refined driving experience.

My brother is a long time Mercedes enthusiast (W123 and W124) I can't wait to get his verdict on the MK4

I was a huge fan of the W124, they don't half rot though, I can't be bothered with all that body work nonsense

I've only had the LS for 5 days and already I'm beginning to think that it's gotta be a keeper, what else is there for the money?

I took my bro in law out in it yesterday, he's a bit of car nut, he was so genuinely impressed by the car but when I told him I much I paid for it, I'm sure he cried

Graham,

Been a LS driver for nearly 7 years now, but know what you mean.

After a week with my first LS knew that I would never drive anything else, which is why I traded up to Mk4 (yr 2000), mainly for traction control.

Been in many prestige cars, Jag, BMW, Merc, Porsche, etc, and nothing is as nice as an LS.

If ever I have to change it would be for a 460, but expect my 400 to go for at least another decade or more, and even then it would only have done 250,000 miles.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links