Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 400 Price - New Record?

Wow, that Celsoir has only been driven 12 miles a week! That sounds incredible, so must have spent many months/years laid up somewhere not being used. Either that, or some little old Japanese lady only drove it to the corner shop and back. If I was interested I would offer to pay five grand for it and also get the cambelt replaced due to age. (1996 is an interferance engine). Sorry, but £7,500 is way too much.

• Like 1

I bet that if you put that Celsior next to 99 percent of UK LS400s, these doubts would disappear. The interior and underside of that will be immaculate, and it's Condition 5 (unlike British auctions, Japanese auction ratings mean something).

It's not for me, alas (JDM white is a real turn-off, and if I wanted to buy a 'garage queen', it'd be something different to an LS400).

I think I'd want to know which part of Japan this vehicle was from. Remember, this is a small country where the world's worst nuclear disaster is still raging out of control, largely unreported by the mainstream media and far, far worse than most people realise. It would certainly be prudent to have it checked over with a Gieger counter - particularly the HVAC system and seat fabric. (Yes, I'm deadly serious.)

• Like 1

It as all the attributes of trouble ahead.The air suspension will be suspect as it as never been a mantainence success on the LS400 or the 430,the seller claims two extras not fitted to UK equivelants so what happens when they go wrong and parts are needed.

As for the price, low mileage will always fetch a peremium but this price is day dreaming for the seller.

I do wonder what the dealer has paid for it, there is a 2001 on Jap Partner with 24,000 Km for $7000.00 FOB price so on top there is the shipping from the port where the car is loaded to the UK

Also is VAT payable on import into the UK?

I paid £3750.00 from a dealer for my 1994 with 62,000 Km (38,000) back in 2006 so for a car 2 years younger even with the super low mileage no I wouldn't consider it at that price.

Anyone fancy my other 1994 C-F packaged Celsior with air suspension ( 2 new struts) and rear massaging seats for 10K ? :)

Steve, what did you do about the Japanese language computer/satnav/stereo system?

The complications involved in sorting that out is about the only thing that would dissuade me from buying a JDM car. I've had JDM before (MX5 and Skyline) but none were as tightly integrated into the car as the later LS400s.

If you fancy a visit to Japan there are quite a few Celsiors around with very low mileage - see www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/toyota/celsior/15176015/. This one has 10,000 miles and looks very tidy. The shipping costs aren't too bad and this one is £3,000.

there are some interesting cloth seated Celsiors too on that website, nice silver cars and good looking wheels too ............ be nice to have the option I guess BUT damned if I know how to read the Japanese words on the displays etc :whistling:

Malc