Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Exhaust Blowing, Replace Or Bandage?

Hi,

I have a RX400h 2008 with 94K Miles on it. All going well but the exhaust is starting to blow. I took it into a dealership today and they quoted me 1650 Euros for part number 17420-20400 (the exhaust mid section).

Apparently the system is blowing because of a small hole in the middle silencer :(

A couple of Q's around this:

• I thought the RX400h on this year had a Stainless exhaust. Is this not the case? If so I can surely I get it fixed FOC?
  • Anyone know where to pick one of these parts up cheap (bare in mind I emigrated recently and live 1hr north of Paris so internet would be preferred)
  • Due to the small hole - does anyone have any experience of bandaging / fixing one of these? If so, how did you do it and how long did it last? (I normally wouldn't consider a fix but I may need to until I can get around the language barrier and get a reputable repairer)

Hoping you can help...

I would NEVER have a dealer fitted exhaust (whole or part). For the price they charge, you can get a full custom hand made stainless steel system with a LIFETIME guarantee for £100s cheaper.

• Like 1

Yes, a few times in previous posts, but I should have mentioned it again or just search Google, there are a few, but two main ones stick out and are Nationwide (see below).

www.longlife.co.uk

www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk

www.topgear.co.uk

I think topgear and longlife are the same company.

Longlife made me a full exhaust system for my RX300 many years ago and it was well worth it.

• Like 1