Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shut The Sat Nav Up!

celtictricky

• 4 weeks later...

Rich,

I couldn't agree more with the need to have a one click way of turning voice commands on and off. My Tom Tom Via does this perfectly.

I have resigned myself to using the navigation system without voice commands. - At least the screen splits into two on the approach to turn instructions - which does give a visual reminder.

Using the most appropriate map scaling for the journey is a big help and generally on cross country trips the no sound option is OK - if the journey includes a tricky city trip I use the Tom Tom.

I can't see why a firmware update can't be produced which would allow, say, a two click operation to mute / unmute.

Loving the CT though!!

• Like 1

Rich,

I couldn't agree more with the need to have a one click way of turning voice commands on and off. My Tom Tom Via does this perfectly.

I have resigned myself to using the navigation system without voice commands. - At least the screen splits into two on the approach to turn instructions - which does give a visual reminder.

Using the most appropriate map scaling for the journey is a big help and generally on cross country trips the no sound option is OK - if the journey includes a tricky city trip I use the Tom Tom.

I can't see why a firmware update can't be produced which would allow, say, a two click operation to mute / unmute.

Loving the CT though!!

You are totally right, there must be a firmware update which could resolve! I do exactly the same as you now, voice is off all the time seems to be the best way.

Its the simple things isn't it? I was also gobsmacked there is not blind spot in the mirror - amazing!!!

Little things hey...

I get annoyed by the fact that there is no mute button on the audio of the RX400h. You either have to turn the volume all the way down, or switch the system off.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With regards to having no button to mute the radio, I have recently found that you can mute/unmute the radio with a long press of the MODE button. It is not strictly a mute function in the sense that it actually turns the audio system on/off, but hey... it works!

(This works on the RX400h/450h, so I am assuming that it will work on other models too)