Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

I wonder if anyone can help, I know of a nice gentleman who has a gs300 mk3 i think new shape 2005 model, looks very nice, all services done on time etc, now he has told me about it being direct injection, it has a chain instead of cambelt and it had rear caliper seized but he's sorted that, hes also replaced the hid's as he did tell me i think one blew so he had both replaced, I just wanted to know if there are any major issues with these cars and being a direct injection, are they really good on fuel as I've read they are good, but wanted to ask people who have actually driven these cars.

Thanks in advance

^^ that's the previous generation, Graham (the MK2). :)

Not a GS300, but I do have its sibling the GS450h, and from what I can tell these GDI engines seem pretty robust. Never really heard of any issues with them. There was a valve spring recall but it doesn't apply to the GS300.

Other than that, have a test drive and listen out for any creaks/rattles from the interior trims.

I find the GS to be a very comfortable cruiser but just noticed that you have an LS so that may not mean much to you :P

• Like 1

^^ that's the previous generation, Graham (the MK2). :)

Not a GS300, but I do have its sibling the GS450h, and from what I can tell these GDI engines seem pretty robust. Never really heard of any issues with them. There was a valve spring recall but it doesn't apply to the GS300.

Other than that, have a test drive and listen out for any creaks/rattles from the interior trims.

I find the GS to be a very comfortable cruiser but just noticed that you have an LS so that may not mean much to you :P

I'm on a Lexus learning curve :lol:
  • Like 1

It's actually my GS300!

It's difficult to compare like with like on the LS400 - two very different cars. The LS is more refined, of that there is no doubt - but that isn't to say the GS isn't refined and has more of a driver involvement.

In terms of fuel economy - I've just done a 240 mile drive averaging 38 mpg, but you don't get a 3l petrol for economy!

It is comparing apples and pears ultimately. The GS is a very good car, the LS (where I'm headed) is something I want for a different reason. My main virtue is a quiet ride on any car, followed by economy. The Gs is supremely quiet the LS is another level. The GS isn't without virtue and i'd happily drive it forever - but I would like to go onto LPG as I do 20k per year!

• 1 year later...

Prins made a dedicated kit for GS300 after 2005 with Direct Injection. I am driving a second car on the world with this installation and everything works perfect for me. I'm based in Ireland

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links