Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Love My Is But I Fancy A Gs

I've owned my brand new IS300h Luxury with heated leather and premium nav since March 2014 and I love the car but I really wish I'd pushed the boat out a little further at the time and either got an F Sport with heated / cooled leather etc or gone for a used GS Luxury or higher and ideally with the ML audio. What's frustrating me is the lack of electric seats, electric s/wheel and memory. Everything else about my IS (apart from the known sporadic Bluetooth issue) is brilliant. What a dilemma! :)

I had the same issues, Lexus just seem to be squeezing the spec and I ended up paying for the Premier to get the equipment I desired, I nearly went for a pre-reg GS 450 which had everything fitted and was only a few thousand more the the IS Premier, I was only put off by the GS being an F sport and I did not like the black head lining!!

We'll now , I too had the same feeling as you and I did go for the GS300H luxury ,

glad I did as last week when my GS was being checked for the connected

service on the satnav they gave me a is300luxury for the day .

I felt cramped in it , the ride was a lot harder but the car did feel quicker

getting up to speed but being a smaller car that's no surprise .

Loving my GS sorry you didn't want me to say that lol .

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

No electric seats,steering wheel or memory ! Think I'll stick with my 20 year old LS400 which has all these and probably more at that age :)

Yeah, but hardly the same car to compare it to. If you had a 20 year old IS then fair enough if it had electric seats, etc. For info, half of the IS model range don't get power seats, etc unless you pay for them. In every other way everything else about the new IS is brilliant.

No electric seats,steering wheel or memory ! Think I'll stick with my 20 year old LS400 which has all these and probably more at that age :)

Yeah, but hardly the same car to compare it to. If you had a 20 year old IS then fair enough if it had electric seats, etc. For info, half of the IS model range don't get power seats, etc unless you pay for them. In every other way everything else about the new IS is brilliant.

TBF I dont think Audi, Mercedes or BMW come with electric seats either apart from on the top trim levels. I know Audi tries to squeeze £300 odd quid for them even on the higher trim versions

To be perfectly honest whilst e seats are nice, unless you have loads of drivers they are useless....I haven't adjusted mine for 2 years....it is definitely not an option that I would pay for. On my previous 5 series BMW it had E seat height and back rest only as standard, same as Merc E Class

You're correct re usage of the seat as it's only me that drives it but I still feel I want to have them in the car especially if the seat moves back and the s/wheel moves forward when powering off. Is the latter a GS feature or does the IS do this too if you've got full electric seats and s/wheel?

Got the full electric seats on my f sport

The easy access is great I find the car quite low to get in and out of and it really help get my fat arse in the car with the seat back. You just have to let the passenger out the back seat before getting out yourself so you don't crush their legs!!

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links