Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hybrid Healthcheck Warranty - Anyone Have The T'c & C's ?

Hi Guys :)

Does anyone have a copy of the Lexus Battery warranty extension that's being offered by dealers following a hybrid healthcheck as detailed here?;

http://www.poole.lexus.co.uk/owners/

My Battery has failed and although Lexus have offered to pay 50% or the replacement I believe it should be covered in full by the extended warranty as the healthcheck carried out at the last service was all good (According to the dealer although I never received a copy of the report - D'ohh).

Unfortunately Lexus customer services seem to be unaware that the warranty would be extended and believe that only the original car warranty would cover the Battery failing but they are going away to check!?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Simon G

I'd contest it mate. It either has a warranty or it doesn't. There is no such thing as 50% warranty. If it passed the hybrid health check, then it will be warranted for a year.

They should have a copy of the report if you last serviced the car there. Let us know how you get on :)

My copy of the health check warranty is in the glove box of the car, which is at Lexus at the moment (corrosion repair). Will share the details when I receive the car on Sunday if no one else has by then.

Unfortunately Lexus customer services seem to be unaware that the warranty would be extended and believe that only the original car warranty would cover the battery failing but they are going away to check!?

I would ask to speak to somebody who knows what they are talking about. Lexus advertise the health check on their main website although sadly they aren't transparent enough to also provide easy access to the T&Cs on either the Lexus or Toyota websites.

http://www.lexus.co.uk/hybrid/#/HybridHealthCheck

The 50% is a goodwill gesture, something they seem to offer owners who suffer hybrid component failures but in this case as it is the Battery and you have had a hybrid health check it doesn't apply and you should have full warranty coverage.

I think it’s about time Lexus clarified what is covered and

what is not, I am fed up with “this is covered for 7 years” “this for 3 years” “ this for 60k miles”,
this is covered but this is not, I think they just make it up as they go along,
we want to know

How long is the Hybrid system warranty for? Time and or

millage?

What is covered under the Hybrid system warranty and what is
not? Time and or millage?

How long are the batteries under warranty for? Time and or

millage

What does the hybrid health check cover, for how long, time

and or millage? and what does it not cover?

Come on Lexus lets sort this problem out.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links