Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Isf Rear Bumper :(

Hi all,

Wonder if you could help and let me know anywhere (possibly) I could get a second hand ISF rear bumper? I have asked the Lexus dealer and they are going to come back to me on a price which I doubt will be cheap!

Reason I need a bumper is in the attached pic :msn-cry: Some bloke decided to cut across lanes on a motorway exit and caught the back of me. He claims I cut across him!!! anyways it is my word against his and this is in dispute with the insurance companies. My excess is a lot so looking to see if this is something that I can fix which may work out cheaper than paying the excess or even half if it ends up 50/50.

Thanks all :unsure:

post-31527-0-57276400-1409671673_thumb.j

Thanks for that Chris - I wish I could do that, although I think I need to borrow a few hairdryers from a few neighbours! The dent is quite deep and creased, in addition it has shifted the bumper as the other side has been disjointed as well.

Just from your video now, wondering if any of the SMART companies would contemplate it (or maybe I shouldn't go down this route) :unsure:

Thanks for that Chris - I wish I could do that, although I think I need to borrow a few hairdryers from a few neighbours! The dent is quite deep and creased, in addition it has shifted the bumper as the other side has been disjointed as well.

Just from your video now, wondering if any of the SMART companies would contemplate it (or maybe I shouldn't go down this route) :unsure:

Definately a new bumper and sadly I very much doubt you will get a used one fella :0(

Ouch! :(

Sorry to see this chap.

There was an IS-F being broken via eBay back when the UK got flooded, but not sure what happened to it?

I may still have the chaps email address somewhere? Might be a long shot, but don't think you'll have much luck elsewhere.

I'd ring around a few dealerships for quotes though. Has the reinforcement bar behind been damaged as well?

Regardless, it's going to be expensive to fix. :(

Thanks Peter :)

Just been on the phone to the insurance company in which I have sent my document of events (inc photos) stating I was right. Claims handler "..thanks, I will forward this onto the other insurance company.." err.. I pay a premium each year for you to pass details without reviewing or even helping me? seems like they aren't interested and I have to do all the leg work :blink:

I haven't been brave enough to have a look under the bumper yet, I'm hoping no more damage is done though! :(

I'll start ringing around later for prices - worse thing is being in limbo and waiting for the insurance companies to shift their rears.

They are a nightmare mate! :(

Having issues with the insurers for my neighbour that reversed into my car the other month (Saga).

Basically they are trying to make out it was fraudulent, and I paid him some cash to get my car fixed on their coin! :(

The fact he hit my car whilst it was parked should give them a clue on who is to blame, but still they are trying to get out of it!

Hope you get it sorted chap.

Cheers.

Peter :)

Cheers Peter :)

Got a few quotes and will be perfectly honest, shocked at the prices. For just the shell, Lexus have quoted me £346+vat! then another Lexus dealer said £197+vat :) a lot cheaper than I though. Obviously add the cost of respraying and fitting as well, but will be a lot cheaper than my excess!

Not money I want to spend but considering the bumper, it's a lot cheaper!!!

Equally, hope you get sorted with your insurers, they just seem to drag on and make excuses galore. Was on hold for 5 minutes waiting to speak to claims, if it was sales, blooming eck, I would be through straight away!

My Honda CRV bumper I had replaced about 6 years ago cost me more than that!

Seems cheap?

That's what I thought but the guy checked it against my vin so it is right. It is just the shell though, doesn't include the exhaust tips / reflectors etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links