Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Factory Service/repair Manual Same For Ls400 90-97?

got a 1997 ls400...looking at buying a factory repair manual off eBay....couple things though...

its from the states. are the ls400's pretty much the same in states as the uk?

also, its for 1994 year model....while mine is a 97

my main concern is engine...torque specifications and such. did the 1uzfe engine , mechanically speaking remain the same from 90-97? would the torque specifications....cam gears, head bolts, crank bolt, rocker bolts etc be the same for all the years?

thanks

Hi T

The short answer is no ,the early Mark 1 was fitted with a non inteference engine .

The 1992 engine was an inteference engine from then to the Mark 4 in 2000,

The only difference between the states engine and the europe engine were the emissions and the subsequent fuel management control.As far as the engineering specs the engine was universal and fitted to all worldwide versions including the Japanese produced Celsior.

I would try and get the 95/97 mk3 manual although the engine/gearbox and most of the ancillary's are very similar there are some differences from the earlier cars . The rest of the Mk3 is almost totally different ,it was a masterpiece of design to get something to look very similar and be almost totally different from the earlier cars .

1995 onwards is an interferance engine. Regarding manuals, you can get one on line from InternetCarManuals. I paid peanuts for the CD manual for my Mk4 (2000). It's very handy and covers everything. I've got it downloaded so I only needed the CD as back up.

What is an interference engine and what is the difference between the two of them???

on an interference engine, if the timing belt snaps....valve will hit the piston. non-interference engine, if the timing belts snaps, valve will not hit piston..

• 1 year later...

One difference to remember is that all LS400's outside the U.S. are not OBD2 compliant, despite having been fitted with the same diagnostic port under the lower dash. When we eventually caught up, OBD2 compliance on European LS models started in 2001 on the LS430. In this country all LS400's are OBD1 compliant (much inferior). In the U.S. OBD2 was available on the 1996 LS400 models onwards. It's all down to legislation varying from country to country.

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, freddist said:

Hi and welcome to the LOC, we are a friendly bunch and some of us even know how to pull them to bits and put them back together again, with of course the one bolt and washer left over.

We recommend you spend a couple of mins looking over the rules of the LOC, we will be asking questions later.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Regards Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links