Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Simple Questions - New Owner

Hi my name is Bob

I am new to this forum and new to Lexus having purchased an RX 300 yesterday. Please forgive me if my questions have been answered before !

Question 1 - Can I purchase an owners manaul for an RX 300

Questin 2- It says on my CD player 6 disc changer - Can you tell me if the multiple CD Disc holder is standard and if so where it is located in the car as I can't find one.

Kind regards

Bob

That's because it loads all six discs through the single slot in centre column fascia . Load one at a time when the load button lights up.post-24999-0-70296200-1410023969_thumb.j

Load button on right, eject on left on this picture.

Then on the display you will see how many cd's you have in there , symbols displayed at bottom.

Hope this helps.

Well - what a star thanks Phil - working perfectly !

I will buy an owners man from eBay BUT in the meantime - between the interior light and the windscreen there is a fixture with slots what looks like small speakers inside the slots and a black OFF button ion the centre

what that then :) ?

kind regards

Bob

Hello Bob and welcome to the LOC.

Noticed you are Derbyshire based,I'm in the Afreton area.

There are as previous mentioned handbooks on eBay, most are in the USA but the one below is UK based.

You could also try Lexus for one.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-RX-300-Owners-Handbook-Manual-and-Wallet-03-06-/301290636678?pt=UK_CarParts_Vehicles_Manuals_Litterature_ET&hash=item4626524586

Well - what a star thanks Phil - working perfectly !

I will buy an owners man from ebay BUT in the meantime - between the interior light and the windscreen there is a fixture with slots what looks like small speakers inside the slots and a black OFF button ion the centre

what that then :) ?

kind regards

Bob

Could it be the ultrasonic part of the alarm system which can normally be switched off if people or animals are left in the car

Hi Phil

That's kind - thank you for the heads up.

You will be delighted to know that i have ordered an Owners manual from eBay as suggested - so likely to be less of a pain !

just one other Question - my new car has had a cam belt (103, 000 miles) - do you think it is worth the extra money to take the car for 100k service to a genuine Lexus dealer rather than my local garage

That's a good question bob, I have had services done at main dealer and my trusted Independant lexus/toyota garage and would choose my trusted Indy garage every time . My RX is now 8 years old done 44k so will take it to Roys motor company in Norwich every time for me. Pay less and better job done for me, have had to complain and take back before my old is200 to Lexus norwich not impressed. Lexus ipswich were good but quoted me £750 for my last service where I got Roys to do it for under £250! Personal choice. You can always ask for your local garage to use genuine parts will still be cheaper. Have driven all way up to Lexus Derby to look at a RX 400h which I was told was excellent only for it to be a piece of s..t, wouldn't, even unlock doors, Battery flat, wasn't impressed with their attitude at all.

Your choice mate.

Hi Phil - good info thanks

I have a guy who has allways repaired our family cars v good - bit slow as he also has a full time job. my knee jerk would be to take it to him BUT I was wondering whether there are any special Lexus tools or electronics that have to be used. Additionally, 100k service may probably v special one.

My car seemed to be serviced by main dealers upto 60k then stopped - maybe new owner & cost.

I will take a quote from Lexus Derby (sorry to hear about your dissapointment) and see where we go from there

BTW bought the Owners manual highlighted by Steve - complete with a sweet leather case - should be here on Wednesday

Kind regards

Bob

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links