Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Many Ls's Did I See On Trip To Cornwall?

None not a single one but did see some American idiot decide as he was flying over Stonehenge would be a good idea if they landed for a visit, this meant that they then shut down the south west of England at great exspense and inconvinience to the people of this country. 2 hours just so this idiot could see a pile of stones. We are mad in this country to allow this sort of behaviour by a visiting alien to our country. I expect a personal letter of appology from Obama and a promise that should he or any successive President we allow to visit us does so with absolutely no inconvenience or cost to the people of our country what so ever. If this country is so unsafe that a spur of the minute whim could cause such chaos the best thing is they stay in their own country because we the people of this country cant afford them.

Rant over, relaxing now down in Mousehole the sun is shining. :geek: Mike.

http://DSCN0808.jpg

Oh well, don't forget the USA has very little history for him to see .............. it's cultural, and we should do all we can to help the world in that regard ......... not forgetting that we probably caused his family some severe grief when we tried to colonise Kenya from whence his grandfather came........... and probably caused his family immense suffering and for which we may yet get a bill from USA descendants from Kenya ................... I wonder !!

Malc

• Like 1

I shall be in Mousehole in a couple of weeks. If I was going when you were coming back, you would have seen another LS and so would I. Not the easiest car to park down there, especially the harbour wall car park!

Parking is at a premium here but the cottage we stay in has got its own private parking area, prices for a parking space easily run into 5 figures. Have a great time when you come down. Mike

Does anyone have a 'survivors' to ls sold in uk ratio....it would be interesting to know? I have only seen two other ls400 in dundee and around the area...I always flash my lights and usually get a wave back...ls430 owners don't usually bother!! Reading is forum and speaking to people who have owned them, they remind me of my other two loves, saabs and volvos....people keep them a LONG time....

• Like 2

Up my way I see 4 LS's (of which 2 are mine lol) bosses 14plater and a flipping young chav who has a p reg LS with a huuuuuuuuuggge racing spoiler on the boot :( sad sad boy..... He stopped me once whilst I was passing by in my 600 and asked if I'd sell my 98 LS to him .. I said not a chance seeing as how you've disfigured the mk111 .....

• Like 1

I remember visiting Mousehole on holiday as a kid in our family car-- a Saab 96 with an 850cc 3 cylinder two-stroke engine. Brilliant car. Lovely quaint place too.

Having owned two 96 v4 and a 95 v4, a 99 and almost every iteration of the classic shape 900, I'm a bit of a saab fan...a two stroke is on my dream car list!....tried a few modern saabs, 9000, 95, gm900 s and didn't gel with the, in the same way...

You bet, I think its serious between the two, every time we move it next time you look its gone back there. I dont think they will come to any harm. Lexus wheelie bin for quality rubbish, could be a market there. Mike

• Like 1

www.howmanyleft.co.uk takes a bit of interpretation. Notice there's a few tabs on the pages, each filling in a bit of the story. It looks to me as though mark 1 to mark 3 are combined together under the heading LS400, and that Mark 4s are under the heading LS400 AUTO. To find the total number of LS400 these numbers need to be added together.

Between 1990 and 2000 Lexus sold 8084 LS in the UK. In 2000, they sold a further 426.

: o )

In April this year I had to go down to lexus Carlisle to pic up my bosses new LS460 :) ( he was to busy to do it himself and asked if I'd do it for him..... He never finished the sentence before I'd said YES lol)I asked salesman how many LS they had sold this year..... Answer was 1 the one I was picking up for my boss

Again in May this year when I went to lexus Sheffield to pick up my LS600 I asked salesman how many new LS's they'd sold this year ....none :( and only the one 2nd hand one (the one I bought)

Way back in 2002 I'd of never considered a LS as I was more into sporty cars etc etc but my boss then and still now gave me a lift in his LS430 to pick up and drive back a lorry some 70mls away.....well stone me that day changed my outlook on the next car I was to buy , 2mths later I purchased my 1st lexus a Mk2 LS400 and only once did I stray from lexus since then (foolishly bought a 2yr old Jag) which by day 2 I hated so went out n bought a mk4 LS400 ... Which I still have parked at side of drive now unused but to sentimental to sell her ..... Bought a is200 but sold it on nice car but not a LS then bought aGS450h ..nice car but by day 3 was pinning for a LS... Gave it 2yrs to grow on me but nahhhhhhhh the LS ownership was to strong in me to ignore anymore so went out and got my LS600hl ... Do I pine for any other car now NOPE NOT A CHANCE can't get better than a LS :)

Mousehole......

one of my all time favourite places (have been a regular visitor for 20+ years , my friend lives in Chapel Street, opp the Post Office!) ....

if you fancy chatting about cars while your down there, Graham (owner of the Pilchard Press, cafe near the harbour car park) is an ex car trader (and does a decent Sausage Sarnie too!)

Have been having bad dreams about negotiating the harbour car park when the inevitable visit next occurs...

No mike boss has a new LS460 I have a 5yr LS600hl

His LS430 he bought brand new in 2001 and was still running it right up to his purchase of the new LS460 in April this year, it now sits all lonely in far corner of car park ,

When I had my 08 GS450h he was a bit mivved lol

When I rocked up into yard a month after he got his 460 in the BIG boy he dropped the phone and came out and spent the next hour viewing and test driving my car even got his wife out to sit in back and chauffeur her around..... He's given me my own parking space away from the other marquees of cars now lol so now have 2 top range lexus at front of offices :)

Mousehole......

one of my all time favourite places (have been a regular visitor for 20+ years , my friend lives in Chapel Street, opp the Post Office!) ....

if you fancy chatting about cars while your down there, Graham (owner of the Pilchard Press, cafe near the harbour car park) is an ex car trader (and does a decent Sausage Sarnie too!)

Have been having bad dreams about negotiating the harbour car park when the inevitable visit next occurs...

I know exactly who and where you mean but sadly I cant get around that well these days so when I need to go to the village I park on the harbour wall, it can be tight and you definately need someone you trust when your backing towards the harbour but you soon know if you've gone to far as you get very wet. We have been coming down for 30 years or more and there is no where in the world that is as beautiful and peaceful as Mousehole. The guy who we have rented off for many years is also a car nut , name of Ken who owns Morgans the 3 wheel type and various vintage motorcycles but in one of the garages in Mousehole is one of the very first E Type Jaguar in Red with just 1400 yes thats the correct number of zeros 1400 miles on it. Its going up for sale in the next few months so it will be interesting to see what that goes for. Back to my holiday. Mike